Edit GizmoHub notifications?
cgfive

I am not getting notifications when my daughter sends me a text from her Gizmo and can't figure out how to change that.  I want a notification when she sends me a text

App version 4.5.2 build 10ths 98

OS version iOS 15.3.1

0 Likes
Re: Edit GizmoHub notifications?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With the GizmoHub, you can view notifications regarding the Gizmo activity by navigating to your child's Dashboard or profile and Tapping the Bell icon. This will list all your notifications specific to that device.

-Mark

0 Likes
cgfive

I don't think you understand my question.  Yes - I know the bell icon and I can see the list of notifications.  What I need is what we used to have before we had to reboot the Gizmo several weeks ago - When our daughter would send a text to us via her Gizmo, my husband and I would get an audible and visual alert that she sent a text.  NOw I have no idea she is sending us texts - no sound and no visual alert.  How do we fix that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that clarification cgfive. We can understand that the option to receive an audible alert was there before the Gizmo was rebooted and want to look into what was happening before it was rebooted? Was there an update via the Gizmo Watch or any of the apps associated with the device around the time this functionality was removed?

-Candice

0 Likes
cgfive

I don't know if there was an update at that time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cgfive, Thank you for these details. We want to make sure we review all options for you. What happened with the Gizmo that caused you to need to reboot it? 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Arnoldk77

I’m not sure if you found a solution yet but I was having the same problem. What I did was go to the child’s text in the app.  In the upper right corner you will see a gear. Press it.  It should bring you to notifications settings.  My child’s text notifications was switched to off.  I turned it back on and it now works.

0 Likes
cgfive

I appreciate your suggestion, Arnoldk77  - I found the gear at the bell icon in the upper right-hand corner.  The only item toggled to the off setting was "Recieve all push notifications from GizmoHub" - so I toggled that to on.  So far, I am still not receiving any notice when she sends a text to me.  Frustrating.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
Evick2014

I am having the same issue as above. I was receiving my daughters messages; (she sends a message from her watch, i'd get the notification pop up on my iphone) this stopped about 2 months ago. Now i do not receive any notifications regarding her messages or calls. This needs to be resolved ASAP. We have had this watch for over a year and this just recently started happening. The whole reason we all got this watch for our kids is to be able to know if they need something & if we are not being shown that we have a notification, there is no point in the device. 

again... this is an issue that JUST started happening. 

0 Likes