Galaxy Watch LTE still not connecting to network. Error 109. QR codes not working
ALKATRAZZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my Galaxy Watch back from Samsung repair today because after 3 months the sensor quit working. I was outside of the Verizon return period so I had to send it in for warranty repair. I get it back today and I can not get it connected to the LTE network now. I have been on the phone and chatting with verizon reps for about 9 hours now. Started around 3:30pm and it is now 12:45am the next day.

No one has any idea what is going on. After all the resets and trouble shooting steps I always end up back at square one. When I scan the QR code I get a message saying that my plan has not been set up yet. I have told them that on this very forum I have read posts saying that what needs done is the line needs canceled and then re added since the watch uses a eSIM and not an actual SIM card. One Verizon rep told me that "Samsung must have forgot to put a sim card back in the watch". Evidently he didn't know anything about it being an eSIM.

So right now I am still on the chat since the customer service line is now closed and still going nowhere. I am ready to just somehow get this returned and drop the service line for it since they cant get it to work. If anyone has any information on what should be done please help me.

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE still not connecting to network. Error 109. QR codes not working
ALKATRAZZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems that the problem on Verizon's end is that it will not allow a QR code to be emailed and it falls back to always saying the the email is invalid no matter what email they try to use. The email I am using is working perfectly fine but I tried 2 others and still the same problem. Verizon's system has a problem allowing this to go through like it should. Apparently this has been a problem for years too unfortunately based on other past threads that are now closed. 

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE still not connecting to network. Error 109. QR codes not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to get your watch up and running. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
ALKATRAZZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after a month of still dealing with this the only solution was to try again with yet another watch. They are sending out their 5th watch now since I bought the thing in January. How is this still a problem? This thing has never worked correctly and I want a my money back now and the line canceled and also refunded what I paid into it that never worked correctly. How is this still being sold and still an ongoing issue after similar posts that were created since you started selling the samsung galaxy watch? When I went to the verizon store today I was told that I could upgrade my watch to the Watch 3 for about 500 dollars including the activation! First, why would I? Second, will that even work as I have seen similar posts to this one saying they can't get that one to work correctly. 

Since signing up with verizon mobile last September I have had nothing but problems starting with the "promotions" that turned out to be a deception for signing up and lied to about activation fees that could be waived that never were. I thought this was supposed to be the best service out there.  My verizon fios service at home has been wonderful but the mobile side of verizon is horrendous.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's really rough. We want to be you have a working watch. Please send us a Private Note when the replacement watch arrives. We would like to make sure this watch works. Let's get to the bottom of this.

0 Likes
AngeliaS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any resolution with this? I have a Watch 3 purchased directly from Samsung that is unlocked for all carriers, but it will not activate on Verizon and they're saying it's not compatible.

StanVZCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My galaxy classic 4 LTE watch will not activate on Verizon cellular network giving Error 109. Have been dealing with Verizon Tier 2 tech support for 3weeks and counting and still no solution! This is a disgrace that Verizon which I've always thought was the best in wireless network is actually not up to date in technology compared to Samsung. I see no reason why my watch can't be activated on the same Verizon network that I'm using for cellphone services. Someone who knows needs to fix this please!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StanVZCustomer, we regret to learn that your Galaxy Classic 4 hasn't been able to be activated. When you spoke with our Tech Support team were they able to verify that your IMEI profile was received by Samsung and loaded into our Device Management Database for activation?

-Ebony

Graviela625
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to make note that I am also getting this same issue. I'm on the second watch after the first one failed to connect to the network. My replacement watch also won't connect to the network. Verizon hasn't been able to figure out the issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Graviela625, we know its important to stay connected and are concerned to hear you are having problems with your second watch as of now. Please respond to the Private Note, so we can get some details. *Joshua