Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galaxy Watch caller ID
DOUGDORI1

So the watch has it's own phone number. It am receiving spam calls and texts on that number (not the phone it is linked to)

Can I install caller ID on the watch number?  If so, how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Watch caller ID
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

DOUGDORI1, we definitely want to ensure that you're getting the most out of your smartwatch experience. Please know that when you're using the watch on a cellular account, the watch does have its own number. In some cases, the number that's assigned to the watch can end up receiving its own calls and texts, even if it's spam.

Right now, the smartwatches are assigned their own caller ID features. This means you should see the number that's calling you or sending the text message as long as the user hasn't blocked their number. In the event that the spam is getting out of hand, we would recommend changing the number associated with the watch as there is not currently any call block features available to this type of device.

You can learn how to change a phone number from question #1 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/

Is this something that you'd be comfortable with?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DOUGDORI1

Link does not work. Goes to page and states “unexpected error”

Doug

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The link works

Change Mobile Number FAQs | Verizon Wireless

if you're on the forum or if you copy-and-paste the link into your browser.  It won't work if you're trying to access it from an e-mail notice of the post.

0 Likes