Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Gear S3 Tizen - Bluetooth and 4G Connected Simultaneously
SignMD

I updated to the 3.01 Tizen a couple of days ago.  I am noticing that I sometimes have the connected by bluetooth and connected by Verizon 4G LTE at the same time.  But sometimes it goes away and it just shoes the bluetooth connection (to my Note 8).  When it shows both connection it shows the 4G connection and strength indicator as well as the bluetooth symbol and at the bottom says connected by bluetooth and Verizon Wireless.  Anyone have a similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gear S3 Tizen - Bluetooth and 4G Connected Simultaneously
MATMOS41

I have also noticed that since the update, the LTE signal is showing while connected via Bluetooth to my phone (also Note 8).

It could be that previously, LTE signal indicator was hidden if connected to Bluetooth, and now it's being shown regardless. Or, if the update caused an issue where it is actually keeping both connections active (which would be a problem).

I'm not sure if this is related, yet after the update, when I select recent apps on my watch (to clear them from memory) I am now seeing a blank app (no icon) titled"telephony sim activation". I can clear it like a normal app, but it seems to reappear in the recent apps list later on.

0 Likes
Re: Gear S3 Tizen - Bluetooth and 4G Connected Simultaneously
HECGAL10

There is a setting. Its under connections. The gear network connection. Change it from always on to automatic. If it is under always on it will show lte all the time and battery will drain quickly. If its set to auto, you get a message when you walk away from phone that the gear network will turn on.

0 Likes