Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo 2 won't charge
rlkoshak

We've had a Gizmo Gadget for a little over a week and suddenly starting last night it will not charge.

I've placed it and replaced it on the charger. I've wiped down the contracts. 

I've turned it on and off several times but it never leaves the screen with the gizmo logo nor does any sign of charging. eventually there screen turns off. I don't know what else to try except go through a warranty return. Any advice to avoid that would be welcome.

If I get a replacement, do I have to repay that exhorbitant $40 activation fee again? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Gizmo 2 won't charge
rlkoshak

Thanks for the reply and the "help". I certainly will be replacing it with another device but that device will not be another piece of trash Gizmo Gadget. And since all the competing products are on other carriers and not Verizon, it looks like I'll be moving to a different carrier in order to get a device that doesn't break in the first two weeks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rlkoshak, we are sorry to learn that you are having issues with your new Gizmo 2. A GizmoWatch 2 that won't charge is definitely inconvenient. We are confident that we can figure this out. You would not be billed an activation fee if we need to replace your device. To better assist you, we need to ask you some questions. Does the GizmoWatch 2 have any physical or water damage? Does the charger fit loose? Any damage to the charging port? 

-JacobG_VZW  

0 Likes
rlkoshak

I apologize for the tardy reply. I was in the mountains outside of service.

The watch has a cracked screen from a fall on a bike. It's surprisingly delicate given it's targeted to be used by active kids. I couldn't find any bumpers or cases to protect it and the screen protector didn't do any good apparently. But it still charged for many days after the screen cracked so I doubt this has anything to do with the current problem.

There is no water damage to the watch.

The charger is magnetic but appears to hold on to the watch fairly well. There is no damage to the pins sticking up from the charger nor any damage nor dirt or other obstructions on the four pads on the underside of the watch. However, the two middle pins on the charger appear to be just a fraction lower than the two outer pins. But the difference is so slight and both pins are the same that it looks like that might be by design.

Periodically when I place the watch on the charger I'll see a screen with a battery with lightning bolt pop up followed shortly after by a battery with a level showing the battery is basically dead and then the screen will go off again. Though that hasn't occurred in awhile.

I can provide pictures if required or it helps.

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the additional details, rlkoshak. We're sorry to hear the device is damaged. Any damage to the device with void the manufacturer warrant even if the damage was not related to the issues you are experiencing with the charging. We would recommend looking into a new device due to the device not being eligible to be replaced. 

0 Likes
rlkoshak

Thanks for the reply and the "help". I certainly will be replacing it with another device but that device will not be another piece of trash Gizmo Gadget. And since all the competing products are on other carriers and not Verizon, it looks like I'll be moving to a different carrier in order to get a device that doesn't break in the first two weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're definitely sad to see you are considering leaving us, and it's our priority you are properly informed about the possibility of replacing your damaged smartwatch. We contacted you via a private note to continue assisting you.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Gizmoprob

Hi we also have 2 gizmo 2 watches that won't charge correctly, undamaged and in perfect condition.  Can something be done? We've tried to wash the contacts to no avail.  This is frustrating as this has been going on since maybe a couple of months after we purchased and we just fiddled with the contacts to position them just perfectly to maybe get a charge.  The kids are frustrated as are we.  Can we get replacements?  Can the chargers be replaced?  I don't even know where the problem lies and we have 2 of these with the same problems.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gizmoprob, we are here for you to help with getting this issue resolved! So we can look into this, please send us a Private Note!

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
jldport

Same problem here...

We have two of the Disney Gizmo watches, and within the first couple months started having charging/battery issues. We read the troubleshooting info and turned the brightness all the way down, only use originally provided chargers, made sure updates were done, etc. Despite our efforts they just keep getting worse, and they've only been used for about 5 months or less.

My daughter actually got stuck at school with no pick-up because of the watch failure. I thought she was walking home as usual and had even sent her a message on the watch to confirm. The app showed me she had 80% battery left with no issues noted, but apparently her watch had actually shut off hours before and not notified us of the shut down like it use to.

Neither watch or charger has been damaged in any way, but the issues just keep getting worse. They can be 100% charged and then just a couple hours later completely dead even when in school mode not being used for anything. I really wish I would have read more of the poor reviews and listened before we spent the money on these. It seems tons of people are having the battery/charging issues regardless of when they got their watches, so it doesn't seem to be just a bad batch.

Looking for a more reliable option since safety and communication are the whole reason we bought the watches, and we can't rely on them for either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can imagine how concerned you are, since keeping our children safe is the most important thing to all of us. I would be concerned as well if I couldn't depend on a Gizmo watch. We want to do all that we can to help. When were the devices purchased? Where were they purchased? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes