Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo Speaker Does Not Work Poor Policy
MellyB1979

My daughter's Gizmo speaker is blown. Went into the store and rep there said it was under warranty and because of the cost and lack of success when replacing the speaker part he would put in for a replacement to be sent to us.  Said the new watch would come in a box that had a return shipping label. Received an empty box with instructions to send the defective watch in for repair.  Called VZW customer support and they informed me there is no way to send a replacement. It will take 10-14 business days to receive a repaired or replacement.  We bought this device for safety reasons so we could communicate with our child and she could communicate back. For $180 you would think the consideration for our kids' safety would be more and VZW wouldn't take a device without providing an option for faster turnaround or some kind of device to use. Couldn't even transfer her number to one of my old phones for the 14 days. Poor thinking VZW. 

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Speaker Does Not Work Poor Policy
kurt4

Bought the Gizmo watch for my son 6 months ago.  With in the first two weeks he had cracked the screen but it worked just fine.  Now the speaker does not work.  Tried all  the resets on watch and device recomended.  Still not working.  Sent it in for repair under warenty.  Rejected becaus of the cracked screen.  Explained the screen was not the issue but the speaker.  Did not care.  $180 dollars down the drain.  Never again GIZMO.  you stink and so does your warrenty.  Was lining up two more kids for a watch but Nope.  Bad technology and business practices.  So you loose a customer and get a bad write up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello it breaks our heart to see you in this dilemma. We want to help you find a solution. Are you interested in replacing the device? If yes, do you have one in mind? What is your budget?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Tinas4x4

I believe the speaker is not the problem. Both mine quit working after the updates about the same time you posted your issue. Mine was late March early April.

0 Likes