Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo Volume not working
dudedah71

I am not able to add to a disturbingly GROWING thread but, one of our Gizmos has the volume issue. It's NOT on quiet mode, volume is at 100%, app has been deleted and reinstalled and no volume. I was told in a chat it couldn't be replaced because we don't have insurance...IT'S 4-MONTHS OLD!!

Anyone actually get this issue resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Volume not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No sound would not sit well with me either.
Is this the thread you were referring to?
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Accessories/Gizmo-gadget-no-longer-has-sound/td-p/1054922

Your post tells me that quite a number of steps have been tried. I'm sorry the issue remains.

What model of the Gizmo is not working?
If it's the GizmoWatch2, then here are steps to Factory Reset it:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-229652/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
RWELCH8

For anyone still looking for an answer to this, we were able to resolve this by doing the following:

- Make sure the app and watch are both updated

- Make sure Quiet Mode is off

- *Delete* any quiet times you have set (it's not enough for them to be turned off, you actually have to delete the times...click the pencil icon and then the trash icons)

At this point, the volume on our watch came back, but if it doesn't on yours it probably worth restarting the watch. 

Hope that helps someone!

0 Likes
dudedah71

It is NOT a Gizmo2 it is the Disney version and NONE of the steps mentioned are working. We did NOT purchase insurance but is there not a manufactures warranty that covers defective devices?! It is UNACCEPTABLE that this device is not working since getting it in January.

0 Likes
dudedah71

Thanks for the tip but the did not work. There are no quiet modes set since the watch was hard reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

dudedah71, 

We are sorry you are having this trouble. We appreciate you working through this with us. We have sent you a Private Message to continue. 

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
dudedah71

I did not receive a PM. Please help resolve this issue as I am paying for a service I cannot use.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Tinas4x4

I believe the speaker is not the problem. Both mine quit working after the updates about the same time you posted your issue. Mine was late March early April.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm disappointed to hear that you're experiencing speaker troubles on your GizmoWatches, Tinas4x4. Software updates are meant to improve your experience, not take away functionality. We want to ensure that you have working devices. I have sent a private message in order to further assist, we look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
Bberkus

Having similar issue. My sons gizmo can make calls and he can hear clearly, but his microphone is not working. I can’t hear him at all on my phone

0 Likes