Gizmo Watch 2 Disney Edition GPS Showing Wrong Location - Many states away
JimmyZ352
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded my son from the Gizmo Watch Mickey Mouse Edition to the Gizmo Watch 2 Disney Edition. What a mistake! It has been nothing but problems. First the watch would not hold a phone call. It would drop seconds in on almost every phone call. The Verizon store replaced the watch and the call quality has been much better, though not as good as the original watch. My son started school last week and now I have a new problem. The GPS tracker is bouncing from Florida to Nebraska constantly. I have the location settings the same as the previous watch, with a boundary around his school so I will be notified if he leaves the boundary. I started to receive constant notifications of him leaving the boundary. We are in Florida, yet it is showing him tracking in Nebraska next to the college football stadium. I never had any issues with this with the original watch. He is at the same school and the same building. I am so frustrated!!! $200 watch with the main purpose being child safety. Yet my child is showing several states away from where he really is. What gives?!?! I am still within the warranty but outside of the return policy. However, if this is not going to work correctly, I need to get a refund and will find a new one of the original watch that worked flawlessly. HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Watch 2 Disney Edition GPS Showing Wrong Location - Many states away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here to help you. I have kids myself so I understand needing to have the exact location for your son. I am sure I can help. Have you restarted the watch? When did this start? Has it alwys been like this? -Amber

0 Likes
JimmyZ352
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have restarted the watch a few times. It started since he started school 04/05/2021. Again on the old watch never had an issue. Same school same building.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how accurate you need this watch. Let's get a few details. Have you removed the watch and readded it? You can also reset the watch by placing it on the charger and pressing the back button four times. Once you have it set back up, please let us know if this still continues. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
JimmyZ352
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try this tonight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fantastic JimmyZ352. We will be here for you if you run into any additional issues with this matter.-Candice

0 Likes
JimmyZ352
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not working correctly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimmyZ352, can you please clarify what issues you are currently experiencing? *Jose

0 Likes
JimmyZ352
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jose did you not read the original post?

My son's GPS on his Gizmo Watch 2 Disney Edition shows him in Nebraska when he is at school when he is really in Florida.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, JimmyZ352. As a parent, I know it's important for the GPS information to be accurate on the Gizmo. I'd like to assist further. Please check your private message for more info. Thanks! -Tracy

0 Likes