Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo Watch Step Counter Not Accurate
GBRUC1

Got one at Christmas time for my son. Step counter registers 1 step for every 3.  Just got a new replacement Gadget Watch and it is worse, and inconsistent.  I called in, and there are no fixes for this.  My $10 pedometer is way more accurate. Anyone else have the same problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Watch Step Counter Not Accurate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Grbuc1, that's certainly an unusual issue! Have you spoken to the manufacturer, to explore possible fixes? 

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

el cheapo gadgets aren't necessarily going to work.

0 Likes
GBRUC1

I escalated it with Verizon.  Hopefully they will follow up with manufacturer if enough others complain.  Former model, Gizmo Gadget was manufactured by LG.  This model, I'm told, is made by Quanta, some Chinese company and I can't find contact info (at least in English).  Maybe just a bad batch of accelerometers. 

0 Likes
GBRUC1

If just under $200 is " El Cheapo."  A fairly accurate pedometer does not take rocket science, and this feature is a selling point with this childs' device. I'm hoping if enough people are having issues, they will fix the problem.

bearone21
Leader

you can't/couldn't before purchase find any info on this $200 chinese gadget & you still bought it??

0 Likes
RinconArtist

I am having the same problem with my daughter's watch. 

I bought it two weeks ago and the software is updated. 

How do we fix this issue?

Thank you. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@RinconArtist

It’s important that your daughter’s GizmoWatch device is working as expected. I’d love the opportunity to further investigate this device issue with you.

Can you confirm the exact model GizmoWatch your daughter has, and can you share more details on exactly what she’s experiencing with the device?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes