Gizmo Watch step counter does not work
User94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have two children with Gizmowatch 2's. Both of them randomly have problems with step counter. Some days it shows 0 steps. Other days it counts up to a random number and stops (188, 1466, etc.) I've replaced one of the watches. I've turned them off and on. I've turned the feature off and on. I've updated the devices. I've made sure they have the date/time set properly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

My kids are /extremely/ disappointed that their smartwatches don't work properly. We literally start the day every day with them testing the step counter feature and telling me that it is/isn't working. When they get home from school, every single day, they tell me it stopped counting at some random time during the day. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Watch step counter does not work
zeroth

Any response to this issue? Same problem here. I've been thru the numerous threads about the same topic, have done factory reset, checked for latest firmware, made sure step count was enabled, make sure time/date sync was enabled... no luck.

@vzw_customer_support can you offer any further guidance? Also please post the resolution to these threads (most just end with "please send us a private message") so others can benefit from the knowledge. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry to hear you are having an issue with the step counter, zeroth. You have taken excellent steps to troubleshoot the issue. After an extensive search of our forums, we have not yet found a resolution. The reason the threads end in a private message is that we access the accounts individually. Many customers then report that a replacement device made things better. Replacing the device is not a guarantee for solving the issue, but does this information help?  -George

0 Likes
Amschaff

If the private messages have a fix for the step counter can you please share it? I’ve had the watch two days and it’s already not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a look into what's going on with your watch. Please send a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes
PungoBuddha

Our gizmo watch step counter is not working either. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work together and make sure you are able to use all the device features. When did you start having issues? Do you have any updates available for the watch or the Gizmo Hub app?

~Gina

0 Likes
sbingham

Hey can you help me? i'm having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly help you look into this situation, sbingham. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working together.

-Jason

0 Likes
Bcalpin

When will this be fixed?  

0 Likes