Gizmo out-of-control notifications
Julia1220

Yesterday my daughter's Gizmo started going a bit bonkers. During her class it kept buzzing and notifying her "Gizmo turned on" incessantly -- annoying the teacher to the point where she finally turned it off. And then last night after we all went to bed, as it was charging, my phone kept buzzing with a "Gizmo Gadget fully charged" notification. EVERY minute between 11:45 and 12:15, when I finally went to her room to turn it off.

Has anyone else had this problem - and is there a solution?

thanks, Julia

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gizmo out-of-control notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a parent myself, I can understand how important it is for your daughter to have a working device at all times, Julia1220. We'd like to take a closer look into these concerns and figure out what's going on. Has there been any damage to the phone? Since powering the device off and back on has the device had any issues? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIROS72

Same problem how do I turn off (only) the Drvice Fully Charged notification from Gizmohub that wakes us up?

0 Likes
anoopski

My wife and I are having the same exact issue with our son's gizmo. Just about 4 days ago this same exact issue started happening and is really annoying. We would get the "gizmo is fully charged" notification then every 30 seconds both of our phones would start buzzing non stop. The first time we had no idea what was gong on and we found out that this notification was the culprit  You can't swipe to ignore the notification, it comes back right away and starts notifying our phones about every 30secs. It's really annoying because last night I shut my phone off twice and the notification returned. As of right now I don't have a solution as to why this is happening and how to avoid it... Need help, it's getting really annoying. I am convinced that this is not a hardware issue, it has to be software. There is no damage to our son's gizmo. And this thread proves that others are having the same issue. So someone needs to provide a fix for this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello anoopski, thank you for contacting us. We know how irritating getting the same notification every 30 seconds can be, and we're here to help. We thank you for taking the time to complete those steps. To better assist you, please tell us the make and model of the devices you are using, including your son's gizmo device and your phone. We also need to know what version of the Gizmo Hub are you running, and when did the problem start. 

UbaldoJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeffspillane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem. My son and daughter's Gizmo's are each sending 5 location notifications per minute. It's maddening. 2 Gizmo's sending 5 notifications each per minute. It stops if I turn off all notifications, but then the device is not doing what I bought it for. Please helppppp.

Restarting the watches does not seem to help. I deleted all notifications I had set and then re-programmed them in. Both watches started doing this at the same time.

Jeffspillane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever resolve this issue? We have two Gizmo's that are doing the same thing. Each one is sending us 6 to 7 notifications per minute.

katepodany

Here it is almost 2 years later and I'm experiencing the same thing with my son's gizmo as well as my mom.  Has there been any resolution?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes