Gizmo watch notifcations not viewable outside GizmoHUb
nitynity
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new Gizmo watch. But I am not receiving the notifications on my iphone screen outside the GizmoHUb. So If my son texts me, I won't be alerted unless I open the GizmoHUb. Is this how the app supposed to work? Or am I missing some settings somewhere so I get notifications on my  iphone screen just like whatsapp and other apps does.

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo watch notifcations not viewable outside GizmoHUb
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to get notifications for your child. Have you checked your phone to ensure you have notifications enabled for the GizmoHub app? 

Go to Settings and select Notifications. Find the GizmoHub app and make sure the notifications are enabled. 

-John

0 Likes
nitynity
Enthusiast - Level 2

-  Thanks for the response John. Yes my notifications are turned on in my iphone for GizmoHub.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking. I asked because Apple recently had an update and that may have turned off the notifications for the app. 

Have you ever received notifications when your son sends you a text? 

-John

0 Likes
nitynity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only through the GizmoHub app and never on the iphone screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying this information for us, nitynity. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together. 

-Jason

0 Likes
Khamilton0425

Hi I am having this same issue, I recently updated to the IOS 17.4 software and I’m not sure if that’s the reason I’m now not able to see Gizmo notifications unless I go into the app.  Before I would receive the notifications just like every other app.  My husband has not updated his IOS and is still receiving notifications for our daughters Gizmo messages.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@Khamilton0425  wrote: Hi I am having this same issue, I recently updated to the IOS 17.4 software and I’m not sure if that’s the reason I’m now not able to see Gizmo notifications unless I go into the app.

I like having to not jump into every app for notifactions myself. Certianly can help check a few things with you, to see what's up. To start with it's imporant to review notifaction settings especially after an update. I've got a nice helpful Apple Support page, which outlines the latest ways to check and modify your notifaction settings: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/change-notification-settings-iph7c3d96bab/ios

Give that a review and see what's selected for the GizmoHub app. 

-John

0 Likes