Gizmo watch step counter stops working
DEY9447
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had by daughter's Gizmo2 replaced three times now thinking this step counter issue was a hardware issue.  Each new watch would work for some duration (a day, perhaps a week) and then stop.  Sometimes it would just be stuck on 0 for the day and other times it might count some random number of steps and stop.  To be sure, it is the watch that stops counting and not just the Gizmo app.  The last replacement worked for three weeks before it stated having the problem.  Appears that powering the watch off and back on seems to fix it for some random duration.  Please advise! 

Re: Gizmo watch step counter stops working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEY9447, We know the importance of ensuring your daughter's Gizmo is working properly. We're truly sorry to learn that the Step Counter is not working. We know the discontent that can come in receiving replacement devices that have the same issues and apologize for the experience. Please be sure to send us a Private Note if you are still experiencing issues. We'll do all we can to help.  

0 Likes
JenniferMomof2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my kids have a gizmo watch and I’m experiencing the same issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JenniferMomof2, we want the step counter feature to work as designed for your GizmoWatch devices. We have sent you a private message so we can further assist. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
allisonfertitta
Enthusiast - Level 1

We’re you able to get it resolved?

SarbBen

I am having the same issue. Step counter worked perfectly first few weeks then it doesn't update after a few 100 steps. 

Another issue is the tracking doesn't work, it doesn't update. This beats the whole purpose of this phone. It's a deal breaker. This phone is a piece of garbage. I wish read these forums before purchasing this.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Moen0140

Yup we’ve had this same issue over and over.  Would NEVER recommend these watches to anyone.   It has been a nightmare.  Still need to replace one we just had because the step counter isn’t working.   So disappointing 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear about you having had any experience like this.  It's our goal to turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
cvn72jeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Issue, somedays it works, others it doesnt.

User94
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the exact same problem. Multiple watches, turning the feature and phone on and off. It's extremely disappointing for my children who can't understand why their birthday presents don't work. Step counter is basically their favorite feature (in theory.)

Tags (1)
0 Likes