Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo won't connect to network extender
LEOLEO3

There is no cellular signal at home without a network extender.

I bought a new 4G  extender, but Gizmo would not connect to it.

When trying to make a call, gizmo screen would display a message along the lines of  "can't make a call here. Go outside"

Factory reseting Gizmo did not work either: Gizmo screen now just shows "searching" message.

Gizmo does not receive calls at home either.

Placed Gizmo next to network extender while on "searching" mode. Nothing happened.

Any idea why Gizmo won't connect to new network extender?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gizmo won't connect to network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LEOLEO3, we always want everything to work for you with your network extender. We are here to help. 

What model Gizmo do you have? We ask because only the newest model Gizmo can connect to a 4G LTE Network Extender. This is because older Gizmos use our 3G signal for service and the 4G LTE Network Extender only provides 4G LTE service. 

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEOLEO3

That is exactly the issue. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Our only goal is to provide you with accurate information, LEOLEO3. We must know the exact model of your Gizmo device in order to assist you further. Please confirm the device model of your Gizmo device.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chippahh22

im having the same issue.  I bought a new Gizmo watch for my son (QTAX53).  I have a verizon 4G network extender b/c we get terrible cellular service in our house.  The watch will not pick up on the network extender.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Being on top of your GizmoWatch is vital, especially is it's not picking up signal or connecting to the network extender. When did the issue start? What recent change have occurred? What exactly happens when you try to use it/connect it?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes