Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GizmoHub app will not link to new GizmoWatch
cmduff

I've seen some discussion from more than a year ago but none of the solutions appear to be relevant to me. We had a GizmoGadget that would not pair to the GizmoHub app on my Samsung Galaxy Note8, but because of 3G deprication they sent us a new 4G GizmoWatch. Awesome. Problem is, it will not link up to the app either. I tried it on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note9, same problem, it will not link. I have spent more than 5 hours on the phone and in chats with Verizon support. I got escalated to a teir 2 recently who couldn't figure it out and wants me to send the brand new GizmoWatch back to get another one. I have serious doubts that this will resolve the problem. 2 watches that won't link to the app and a 3rd one is going to fix it? I am highly skeptical.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Turn GizmoWatch on and make sure fully charged.

2) When the GizmoWatch activates, the QR code will appear.

3) Start the GizmoHub app on the phone, sign in, and click "Add Gizmo."

4) Scan the QR code with the GizmoHub app when prompted.

5) Observe immediate "Unable to Link to Your Gizmo" message.

We've tried the following:

=> Uninstalling and reinstalling the app

=> Clearing the data and cache for the app

=> Factory resetting the phone 20 or so times

=> Removing the child and readding the child from the app.

=> Signed up for the beta program in Google Play and downloading beta version.

=> They even tried removing the phone number and adding a different line to our account.

=> Tried with Wifi on and off.

=> Checked to make sure date and time were set to automatic.

The only thing they can't do is purge our GizmoHub account, which I think would fix the problem. They can't do it for security reasons. This hasn't worked for about 8 months. We would like to use it for my 4 year old but we are sad faced.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and had any luck with Verizon support?

0 Likes
Re: GizmoHub app will not link to new GizmoWatch
cmduff

Still a problem. No response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing the information with us, and I can assure you that we are working on this issue for you. I would highly recommend sending the device back to us. We want to continue to work on this for you.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
BungalowGlow

I just purchased the GizmoWatch (I have an iPhone X which I am unsuccessfully trying to pair it with; following ALL the suggested fixes as all the other frustrated parents) I really wish I would have researched these problems better. It's going on two years, as I am now reading, and Verizon still doesn't have a solution besides you sending devices back to get new one's multiple times with the same issue happening device after device. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi BungalowGlow, 

We want your device to work properly at all times and it I can certainly understand your concerns with this issue happening multiple times. We want to help fix your issue. What exactly happens when you attempt to pair your device with the GizmoHub application? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
ColesRobinson

I'm having the same issue with the new Gizmowatch 2. Did you get a resolution? If so, what was it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ColesRobinson,

I'm sorry to hear your Gizmowatch is having that problem. Keeping connected is always crucial. We're glad to help with any issues. What happens when you try to pair it with the app? Do you get any errors or anything along those lines?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
chauntay13

I am having the same problem.  I have one Gizmo paired and working great on the app...why can't I get a second one to link?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

chauntay13 We want to make sure that both devices are connected. Please tell me what's happening when you try pairing the new Gizmo? 

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
snickted

I am having the same issue and customer service was less than helpful.  I am super disappointed with Verizon right now and after reading these posts, I'm concerned I was sold something that may or may not work.  I was transferred twice after 2 people couldn't assist and then they hung up on me b/c they were closed.  Can't even leave a message or a call back number.  I just wasted a good hour on the phone with zero help.  Same on you, Verizon.