GizmoWatch 2: incoming calls ring, can't answer
djc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

My son had an issue today where we were calling his GizmoWatch 2 and it would ring loudly - but he couldn't answer the call.  When he got home, we tried it out and sure enough if my wife or I called him, it would ring loudly, but the date/time would appear on the screen and there was no way to answer a call.

The only way I was able to fix the issue was to power down the watch, then turn it back on.  After that, when I would call, our images would appear and he could answer the call.

How do I prevent this from occurring in future?  Are software bugs like this reported to ZTE or Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: GizmoWatch 2: incoming calls ring, can't answer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustration with the fact that the watch was unable to answer calls until a restart was performed. As with all devices there are instances where a restart is necessary if there is a lag in the functionality of the device. This can be a result of software updates, network interference, etc. Restarting a device whether it be a smartwatch, phone or tablet is a basic troubleshooting step. There are no known or reported issues at this time with the GizmoWatch 2, however should you continue to encounter any issues, you can reach out here for support. Thank you.

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
ShaneKF

Well, how many people need to report this for it to be considered a "reported issue"? One of my two Gizmowatches is doing the exact same thing. It rings, and my daughter cannot answer it because the screen just shows the watch face. No input via touch is registered while the watch is ringing. I too must power down the watch and restart it for the issue to go away. This has happened frequently on one watch and not at all on the other. This sounds like a device defect and not a normal operation issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do agree you should not have to do this al the time, ShaneKF. Is it now working for you or are you still having issues? 

0 Likes
keelemarie
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have run into this same issue my sons watch is not very old at all, we purchased in aug so 2 month old. Makes me nervous if it’s already doing things like this. I will try restarting. He can’t answer incoming calls I hang up and it does pop up missed call. He does call back. If he calls me and I don’t answer same issue he can not hang up so usually I end up with a 3+ min voicemail from him as it will just stay on till my phone finally cuts it off. Disappointed with it being a new product 😞 

Redncrose

My grandson’s Gizmo is doing the same thing. This is a warranty replacement watch. The original Gizmo would not hold a charge.  I understand reboots are sometimes necessary. It depends how often. My grandson had only worn this watch for the 3rd time. This watch is not a toy; it is a safety device!!  I will reboot one time and will keep track of how often this happens.  Perhaps another replacement should occur? 

0 Likes
djc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't had this problem again since reporting it nine months ago, just happened the one time.

For those of you still experiencing this, you can configure "Auto-answer calls" in the GizmoHub app - maybe this is a workaround until issue is resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your GizmoWatch 2 is vital, especially if you are having issues. You are right, the watch is not a toy but a safety device and it is crucial to get it up and running. Rest assured we will find a fix. When did the issue start (did it ever work)? Aside from the replacement, any other changes? Besides the incoming call problems, any other dilemmas?

0 Likes
jjshol1125

I just bought a brand new Gizmo yesterday (5/4/2021) from the Verizon store and am experiencing the same issue; my child can see the call coming through, but the device won't answer the call by tapping the screen. A reboot of the Gizmo fixed that problem. The remaining question, as others have asked before, is when will this happen again? So almost a year later since the original post and this problem has yet to be resolved...

I also experienced the issue where I was on a call with my child, hung up and immediate a new call came through from my child's device though he couldn't have called me back that quickly even if he tried.

0 Likes
djc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm the original poster.  It has been a year since that post, and I've never experienced this issue again.

That said, I did enable the automatic answer feature - so it's possible that is why my son hasn't had problems answering calls from his contacts.

0 Likes