Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
GizmoWatch 2 won't charge reliably
djc6

Often I place GizmoWatch 2 on charger overnight and wake up to find it hasn't charged.  I dind't notice any excessive dirt on the back of the watch or the charger, but I wiped it down with isopropyl alcohol anyways to clean it up.  This seemed to help, but the watch/charger aren't making good contact anymore after just a couple months of use.  It doesn't reliabily charge when you place it on the charger - it might charge for a few minutes and then stop.  Its annoying to have to constantly check if its charging - and reposition watch on charger to get it charging again.

Whats going on?

P.S. I just checked on it and its sitting on a "recovery mode" screen on the charger - not sure what caused this to pop up from simple act of charging.

Re: GizmoWatch 2 won't charge reliably
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello djc6,

I would be concerned too if I were having any issues with charging my device. When you place the watch on the charger, does it display that it is charging right away? What options is it showing on the "recovery mode" screen?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
jesset198

Hello, we are having the same inconsistent (and frustrating) charging behavior from our GizmoWatch 2.  This has been ongoing since shortly after we purchased the watch less than 2 months ago but steadily getting worse.  Initially just blowing compressed air on the connections seems to resolve the problem but that is not working currently.  Need help as this makes the watch unusable for our 8 yr old many days!

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we want you to be able to enjoy your Gizmo watch with ease. Please send us a Private Note so that we may further investigate and troubleshoot this with you.

0 Likes
Mmsnyder77

Help my watch isn't charging.  What do I do?  It's only 2 months old! 

0 Likes