GizmoWatch doesn't charge and now of course won't power on!!!!
Mookyl3d
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sons watch recently was really low on the battery and was put on the charger.   It would not charge.  Now it is completly dead.  I am trying to trickle charge it but that doesn't seem to be working.  Any help would be great. 

Tags (1)
Re: GizmoWatch doesn't charge and now of course won't power on!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to see your son's watch is not powering on, and we are here to help. Please tell us, do you see any signs of physical or water damage on the device? Have you tried using multiple chargers?
The following link will guide you through the process of performing a soft reset on your device. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202673/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
EMProszkow
Enthusiast - Level 1

We bought two Gizmo 2's for our boys. Neither charges when you put them on the magnetic charger.  My mother-in-law has a Gizmo 2 as well.  HERS CHARGES on both of our chargers.  Did we just get a bad batch? It is hard to believe two watches would fail at charging.  Somehow - after messing with the watch and the base for a while - one of the watches MIGHT charge.  Then it says "slow charging - use supplied charger."  I AM using the supplied charger!  That watch was damaged from a bike fall, but that is the one that at least sometimes charges at this point.  The other has NO damage is will not charge at all at this point.

This is a big issue.  We paid $100 and $20 a month for each of these things in April and now they are both dead most of the time.

Please contact me about this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your devices to work as intended, EMProszkow. When did this issue begin or when did you first notice an issue? If you press and hold the power button, is there any signs of a charge on either device? If you plug the device into charger directly, does it charge? Looking forward to hearing back. -ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Rambo6
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issue. The watch worked fine for about a month and a half and then all of a sudden, it stopped charging. I have tried everything in the support articles to no avail. The Verizon store told us that since it is out of the 14 day return window we would have to use the website to reach out to support. I just did that and Support told me to take it back to the Verizon store as they would be the only ones who could fix or replace it. So frustrated with Verizon. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your device to work correctly. Have you had a chance to test a different charger with your GizmoWatch?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Foxanatty
Enthusiast - Level 1

We also got 2 of these same Gizmo watches and have had nothing but problems trying to charge them. I have said the same thing- could we have possibly got 2 of the same watches at the same time that are duds?! Frustrating. We have tried multiple chargers and have tried trickle charging with no success. 

Arizonagal26
Enthusiast - Level 1

We got my sons the first weekend of September.  We haven’t even made a payment on it and now it won’t charge!   No signs of damage.  Won’t turn on because it is completely dead but my son needs this for his safety.  What do we do Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Foxanatty, it sounds like our assistance is needed here. Which Gizmo do you have? GizmoWatch 1 or 2 or Gizmogadget or another model? Just a heads up, here are some factors that impact battery life:

• Signal strength, coverage and signal type: Switching between 4G LTE, EVDO and 1XRTT
  • Switching between Verizon Wireless and Extended Network
  • Roaming
  • Playing Music
  • GPS (mapping, fitness apps, etc.)
  • Screen brightness
  • Frequent application use (apps running in the background)

Check that the charging port for water damage or corrosion and check the charging port for bent or broken pins.

What is the outcome of those steps? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
snhkng
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar issue. My son's GizmoWatch 2 is in fine physical shape. No water damage or anything like that. I have the original charger. The watch simply ran out of power. Now it won't charge. I just purchased the watch a little over a month ago. 

How can I have this issue resolved?