GizmoWatch doesn't have message icon for Guardian 2
cdee23
Enthusiast - Level 1

We got our daughter a GizmoWatch and it works to text or call me fine. However, when she clicks on my wifes contact icon it only gives her the option to call her. There is no text message icon. We have tried deleting my wife as a contact and re-adding her but that did not work. Looking forward to seeing suggestions to fix this!

Re: GizmoWatch doesn't have message icon for Guardian 2
Kayceeg2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue. Only one contact I've put on the watch shows only "no permissions" or "calling contact". Guardian and caregiver aren't even listed as choices for this number. All other contacts have all options listed: no permission, calling contact, guardian or caregiver. Has anyone found any solution to this?

The number in question is my son's Dad and we can't list him as a guardian or a caregiver on the app because I'm not even given the option to do so.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to have everyone taht you need stay connected with your son. To confirm, is the lkatest version of the GizmoHub app updated on the phone in question as well as on your phone? 

0 Likes
pauso81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I'm the primary guardian and my daughter can text me but she can't text my husband who is guardian #2. The phone is updated. How do we resolve this??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pauso81, are there currently any blocks in place? Did this problem texting Guardian 2 just recently begin? *Joshua

0 Likes
Nessa50322

Each of the contact that you have on your child watch that you want your child to text.. Example grandma /grandpa they need to go on there phone too install the gizmo hub and create an account with there email. Once they do that the message icon should appear on the child watch.So when the child send a message it actually shows on the gizmohub app.

0 Likes
Kecross19
Enthusiast - Level 1

That didn’t work for my sons. I thought that was the issue but I installed the app and set up a profile, accepted the invitation and everything on my dads phone and he still can only call the watch and vice versa. The watch will only text with me (primary guardian).

Kecross19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you know the fix for this? I’m having the same issue with my sons new watch. I’ve set all contacts to guardian and it will only text with me (primary guardian).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kecross19, to clarify the issue is specifically with texting other contacts. To clarify, is the software up to date? Did this just recently start being an issue? Let's take a look at the account for further details. Please respond to the Private Note. 

*Joshua

0 Likes