Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmopal location not working
MoxNix2

On my daughter's gizmopal, the gps always reports that she is at the first "saved place" that I have defined on my smart app, no matter where she physically is at. If I change the list order,  then she is now at whatever "saved place" is newly at the top of the list. Does this feature even work? Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gizmopal location not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MoxNix2,

Let's make sure we get your GizmoPal tracking your daughter's location properly. When did you first notice this occurring? Has the device showed the location correctly in the past?

While we certainly want to help improve the device's location, the Terms and Conditoins of the GizmoPal applicaiton due state the location information is an approximate location and cannot be guaranteed.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MoxNix2

Trevor, the location has never worked, although when I zoomed in on the map, it showed the gizmopal’s location to be at home (which was correct), but reported the location as a friend’s house, which was the first entry in the “saved places” list. When I removed that “saved place” entry, it just reported the location to be at the new top of the list “saved place”....even though the map seemed to still show the location correctly at our home. Beyond that, I haven’t tested any other combination.

So, what is the definition of “Approximate” location in your terms of service? If “approximate” can’t discern between my daughter’s friends houses 1/4 mi apart, then your terms of service should really say “it’s a crap shoot if it works at all” or “this is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy it”. I realize “Approximate” and “not guaranteed” are pretty vague and will let you out of any service responsibility for this product; however, I am hopeful that it is just a software bug.

Thanks,

Mark

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MoxNix2, I appreciate all these great details. Let's make sure we get it tracking correct. To make sure, is the GizmoPal fully up to date? There was a recent update released.

Just in case, try clearing the cache and app from the application too. What is the make/model of the parent phone?

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MoxNix2

Yes, the Gizmopal software is up-to-date. I just rechecked that a day or two ago. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5. Do you want me to uninstall and reinstall the software, or clear the cache using the application manager in the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for following up with us, MoxNix2. If those two steps have not been performed, I recommend clearing the Cache and Data first, followed by uninstalling the app. Then reinstall the application again to retest. Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes