Gizmowatch microphone stopped working
jbd300

The microphone on our child's Gizmowatch stopped working. She can make calls and we can answer but we can't hear her at all. She tried recording a message to send and that has no audio either. I have powered it off and back on, and it hasn't been damaged. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Gizmowatch microphone stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbd300, I totally get how important the Gizmo is to you and your child. The last thing we want is for you to experience issues with it. No worries, help is here. When did this start? Is there any physical or water damage to it? Also, is the software for the Gizmo app up to date?

0 Likes
unagi517
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to my sons watch as well.  No damage to my knowledge.  Is there a solution to this?  I have reset the watch to factory settings.  Reinstalled the app.  Reconnected the gizmowatch to my account.  Updated the device software.  Powered off and on again.  Still no microphone function.  The speaker works great.  The rest of the watch works great.  Just not the microphone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

unagi517,

Being able to hear on any device is crucial. We're glad to help figure out a solution to this trouble. Can you think of any changes around the time this started? What happens if you try to use the microphone? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
erikaxfile

This just started happening to my daughter's watch...we've had it for almost two years now and haven't had any issues prior.  Where is the microphone located exactly?  Should we check it for debris in case there is sand in it or something?  Seemed like the last person tried everything and it still didn't work.  Ours has not had any damage.  The are water resistant, correct?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details, erikaxfile. Have you tried a factory reset?  ~Aaron

0 Likes
LordTankington

I am having this same issue, but can report the effects of trying to use the microphone. When I placed a call to the watch, the speaker on the watch functions, but the audio on the phone end just sounds like quiet scratching which mimic's the duration and pattern of my speech. If I talk into the watch, I hear scratching on my end. If I stop talking, all I hear is silence.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to review this with you. How long has it been behaving this way? Is there anything that happened that could have caused this to your knowledge?

*Robert

0 Likes
sandranoble582

How can we get further assistance? I have the same issue. Is the microphone replaceable?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandranoble582, we are concerned to hear you are having issues with the Gizmowatch, and are happy to help in any way possible. To clarify, are there any other issues going on with the watch other than the microphone? Did this just recently begin? Is there any physical damage to the watch?

*Joshua

0 Likes