Gizmowatch2 is dead no longer charging
Hamm2005

Here we go... This seems like a broken record. We also have a two Gizmos. Gizmo and Gizmo2. The Gizmowatch2 is dead no longer charging. I tried all of the tricks. Isopropyl alcohol, cleaned contacts with a fiberglass tip contact cleaning pen, scraped with xacto knife, tiny dots of dielectric contact grease. Nothing works.  I tried trickle charging and regular charging after each of the processes mentioned above. Nothing. Verizon service has been plummeting and this just adds fuel to the fire. My husband already left Verizon. I stayed because the kids have Gizmos. I'm seriously considering leaving Verizon as well to join my husband's plan and bring the kids with.  

Admin - Send me a private message if you can fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Gizmowatch2 is dead no longer charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hamm2005, we're here to the rescue and appreciate all the steps you've taken to fix the GizmoWatch2. We can replace/repair the device if it's no longer charging. We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.  - Alan

0 Likes
Bigdawg315
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is my private message to help me out. I have been in this board for over 2 years and on my 3rd gizmo. Have 2 of them that no longer charge. All you did for me was charge me about $200 (w/ activation) for a new one each time. Been with Verizon over 15 years but that may be in the past tense very soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bigdawg315. We are very sorry to hear about the continuing issues you are experiencing with your Gizmo devices accepting a charge. We certainly want to help going forward in every way that we can. So that we can see this from your eyes, can you please describe what happens when you tether the device to a charger?

-Brett

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The gizmo watch is an LG product, do you know the company that just got out of the mobile business last year.  It does not surprise me that the gizmo two is significantly worse product than the original gizmo.  
AT&T has no kids smart watch at all.

0 Likes
jcase16byu
Enthusiast - Level 2

The gizmowatch 2 is not made by LG from what Verizon has told me before. The old ones were. 

0 Likes