Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I get Message+ to work on my Wear24 watch?
Chris546

I'm unable to get messages on my Wear24 watch after updating Message+.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone, factory resetting my watch, disabling and turning Message+ back on.  None of which solve the issue.  When I open the app on my watch, no messages appear.  How do I resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get Message+ to work on my Wear24 watch?
DonWm62

I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support yesterday (tier 2) trying to get my wear24 connected as a standalone. The tech told me that message+ may no longer work as the platform for that. I'm still following up on that effort but I'm wondering if they're pulling that feature altogether (thru message+) since the wear24 was so wonky from the beginning? That was the impression I was left with anyhow. At one point I did have standalone capability, after going thru pairing with my phone, setting up HD calling, etc. Tech told me that my mistake was doing a factory reset because if you had connectivity thru message+ you could keep it, but you couldn't set it up from scratch (on a reset watch) due to new policies or something. Not sure that's the thing, but I'm following up on it.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

The Verizon Message Plus App is no longer compatible with any smartwatch running on any Android Wear Operating System that's newer than Android Wear 2.6.  See link below foe more info.

Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo

0 Likes
JAYdriod

I haven't used my watch in several months because of the same issue but I just discovered, literally minutes before posting this, that you can use apps like "wear responses". It's a paid app ($1.99) but it's useful and will still come through your watch, even when using Verizon messages on your phone. Check to see if it works for you, if not you can get a refund through the play store.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

This feature has been disabed by Verizon, since April 2018; and still no progress.  I got tired of waiting around for Verizon to solve the issue.  I went and bought a SIM Card for my LG Watch Sport Smartwatch, and got it connected to T-mobile.  My text messages are synced from my Verizon Phone to my T-mobile Watch; using the Pulse Messaging App (download it on Google Playstore or App Store).  The Pulse messaging App is one of the few messaging apps that's actually compatible with Android Wear Smartwatch Software. This app also works in conjunction with The Verizon Messaging App without it being set as your default messaging App .  Pulse Messaging App has a service charge of just $1 per month.   Having my watch on T-mobile costs me $15 per month and yes its another bill (Ugh!!    ).  But it's nice to have Cellular Service and GPS working on my watch again and it's also nice to be able to receive text messages on my watch.  If having LTE working on your watch is not a priority; then don't buy a SIM card for it; just download the Pulse  Message App to receive messages, and use your watch in Bluetooth Mode; Only (saving yourself a $15 monthly charge for LTE Service).  I suggest anyone with an LTE Smartwatch on the Verizon Network (LG Watch Sport, Samsung Gear S3, Iphone Watch 3, & Wear-24 Watch); to do the same.  Hopefully the loss of revenue will force Verizon to solve problem quickly.

0 Likes