Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hum interferes with electronics
MaryLaraine

The Hum device has interfered with the electronics governing the accelerator and throttle assembly of my 2015 Toyota Camry, resulting in a $900 + repair bill to replace the throttle body. The mechanic contacted Southeast Toyota and was told this is a somewhat common problem. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

0 Likes
Re: Hum interferes with electronics
deloused

No

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MaryLaraine,

Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and service with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you are experiencing this trouble with your service. What was happening with your HUM device before you noticed this issue?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
fourstarmccabe
  • Hello.I recently up graded my phone and as doing so, they added " HUM" to my new contract. I was not familiar with what HUM was and they just stated its GREAT!  Anyway, when my phone was connected to my car, the contacts would not transfer over to the list in my car.And then my all other details on my screen disappeared! SO I could not imagine what was wrong with my 2019 Toyota RAV 4. There was never a problem with my car until they attached the HUM!  So the next night I was traveling, and then my transmission light started flashing and my dashboard screen went black! So I  took my car in to the dealer and the first thing the dealer said  take that HUM out if your car . Its damaging the electronics! So I took the HUM back to the Verizon store and they said " theres a  $75  restocking fee"! And charged me $40 for its activation .I writing to Verizon because I have been with Verizon for many years and  if they dont make Good on this they will be getting my car repair bill .! I did some research and the HUM is noted that it can cause damage if not addressed. And I would hope Verizon will make good by this.  I never been with any other cell phone company so I'm asking for them to stand by me and reimburse me for this  the expense of activation. And not charge restocking Fees. 
0 Likes