Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I can't get my 4G LTE network extender past step 8b...
KELS140

I've opened the ports mentioned but I can't figure out what else to do with a Zyxel C1100Z modem from Centurylink. I tried calling their technical support today and they couldn't figure it out either. The ISPec on the Network Extender Admin says not reachable. Anyone else been able to figure this out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't get my 4G LTE network extender past step 8b...
Carefree_Landing

On step 9 the MAC address of the unit is being rejected by Verizon. This is an error on Verizon's network and there is nothing you can do about it. We know this because we have talked to a Level 2 technician who explained that the MAC addresses of these units cannot be entered into Verizon's system for some unknown reason. They are working on it and promised to call me back when the issue is fixed. I will be amazed if they actually do call back.

ZoSo1030

If you do get a reply (hopefully) please update us here!  I am having the same issue.

0 Likes
Xfiles444

Had the same problem initially setting up my Network Extender.  Spoke to Verizon support this morning (9/22/2016).  Mitch said he didn't know what the problem was, but looked it up.  It was his first time setting up one of these devices.  It was the MAC ID.  It needed to be entered into their system.  Once done, the Extender powered up, connected, and I am seeing 4 bars on my phone.  Oh, and in 15 minutes I saved a lot of money with Verizon, he also identified a plan adjustment that saved me about $80 per month.

Very happy with Verizon support this morning. 

0 Likes
ZoSo1030

Xfiles444, this is a 4G network extender?  What is your home internet network setup like?

I wonder if the issue has been resolved...

0 Likes
ZoSo1030

I was able finally to get mine activated yesterday (9/26/16) after calling VZW and having the MAC added to my acct.

Seems like this issue may finally be resolved

0 Likes