Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have an aftermarket front and back on my Note 4. When I charge it on a wireless charger, the phone gets hot. Am I damaging the phone?
jerrydeisenroth

The charging port of my Note 2 wore out. I now have a Note 4 and want to use a wireless charger, so the port doesn't wear out.  I have an aftermarket front and back on my Note 4. When I charge it on a wireless charger, the phone gets hot. Am I damaging the phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I have an aftermarket front and back on my Note 4. When I charge it on a wireless charger, the phone gets hot. Am I damaging the phone?
MiiHere
Leader

Have you tried charging it without the case on it to see if it's less than warm?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an aftermarket front and back on my Note 4. When I charge it on a wireless charger, the phone gets hot. Am I damaging the phone?
MiiHere
Leader

Hot, or warm?

0 Likes
jerrydeisenroth

It’s not so hot that I can’t touch it but hotter than “warm”.

JerryD(upstateNY)

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Have you tried charging it without the case on it to see if it's less than warm?

0 Likes
jerrydeisenroth

No I haven’t, but I will try that.

THANKS !!

JerryD(upstateNY)

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

All of my research turned up that while Qi charging is slower than charging with the provided cable it is just as safe for the device. I recently (Friday June 26th) started using it on my G3. It gets warm but no more warm that it gets with use. So far I am happy with it.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Knowing this makes me think it's just the case keeping the heat in then.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

It could be. I don't have a case on my G3. Like I stated, it does get warm but I have felt it get a lot warmer while watching a YouTube video.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

My screen gets HOT when I play games for too long. I use it as my timer that it's time to put my phone down.