Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is there a monthly charge for the Samsung Gear S2 watch?
Roze517

I am thinking of getting the S2 watch and would like it to work without my phone being near by.

Do you know how much the monthly fee is to add this watch to my service?

Do I have to purchase a special 4G watch (s2) to make it work? I know the Ipads have a special one that you need to pay extra for to get the LTE service, which cost 10.00 month extra.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Is there a monthly charge for the Samsung Gear S2 watch? How much will it cost to get 4G on the watch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Roze517,

Gear S2 is a great device! You can definitely connect the Gear S2 to our network or also to WiFi and bluetooth connections. It connects in 3G, and 4G connections are not possible with it, as it does not have a removable SIM card bay in it. To have it independently connected to our national network, the monthly cost is $5.00. You may also be able to buy one directly from Samsung that is only for WiFi & Bluetooth.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a monthly charge for the Samsung Gear S2 watch? How much will it cost to get 4G on the watch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Roze517,

Gear S2 is a great device! You can definitely connect the Gear S2 to our network or also to WiFi and bluetooth connections. It connects in 3G, and 4G connections are not possible with it, as it does not have a removable SIM card bay in it. To have it independently connected to our national network, the monthly cost is $5.00. You may also be able to buy one directly from Samsung that is only for WiFi & Bluetooth.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Roze517

Thanks. Is there only one watch tho? Like apples ipads are two different kinds, the one that is wifi can't get the Internet without wifi.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes