Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LG Watch Sport Ship Date
oxHanoverxo

My preorder shows an expected ship date of 3/16 which is today. Are these still shipping on time?  I find it weird that I haven't seen a status change yet.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: LG Watch Sport Ship Date
TREALL22

I just got an e-mail saying that due to its popularity they're unable to fill my order and the new expected ship date is 4/13/2017.

I ordered on 2/20.... this blows. Wondering if this is really that some shipped and others didn't or if they just didn't get any in at all? I noticed on the order page that the shipping date slipped form 3/16 to 3/23 or something like that before sliding now to 4/13/2017...

KonnivingKrook

I ordered on 2/10. Same day as the Announcement from Google/LG. I can't help but feel that this could have been handled better. I would have expected some sort of announcement that shipping would be delayed prior to the "expected ship date".

I can't help but feel that this could have been handled better. I would have expected some sort of announcement that shipping would be delayed prior to the "expected ship date". Sending it on/after the expected date is just sloppy and bad business.

We've already waited over a month past the announcement. I for one am not excited about learning that I have to wait another month. A couple of days or a week is understandable, a month feels irresponsible.

0 Likes
official_wheels

Yeah, it is quite ridiculous to not get an update on your order status being delayed until the original ship date. I was an extremely disappointed customer when that email finally came along yesterday.

I kept religiously checking my order status and the product page, and while I kept seeing the ship date pushed back on the product page, I had hopes that maybe that only applied to pre-orders that were being currently played. I was hopeful that the order I placed on 2/25 wasn't affected by this, and would ship on 3/16 like originally​ scheduled. I had this hope because there was NO communication from Verizon that my order was actually being affected every single time they pushed the date back.

I get it. I really do. Product delays happen. And with Google's history, it might not have anything to do with Verizon. But that doesn't excuse the lack of communication. That IS Verizon's fault.

It almost feels like this is Verizon pushing the date back in hopes that their own Android 2.0 watch will sell better. Or are we ever going to see the watch? Will it become the new Gear S3, only rumored to be coming to Verizon? Not having access to products when they launch sure is becoming a disappointing part of being a Verizon customer.

Like I'm sure a lot of people are, I'm on the waitlist with Google as well, and I will happily give them more of my dollars should their stock be replenished first.

0 Likes
oxHanoverxo

Considering I ordered mine on the morning of 2/10, I suspect that this is more of a delay than a shortage.  Maybe the blizzard up North is affecting this?  I wish they'd let us know what's going on. 

TREALL22

I had been an AT&T customer for 19 years and resisted changing to VZW for a number of reasons but one of the big ones was the constant delays in releasing new products and product updates. They'd seemed to have gotten better in the last few years and I was pleasantly surprised to see the level of support and integration with the Google Pixel.

I purchased an LG Watch Sport from AT&T but they couldn't get it working with their NumberSync service (so my main line would ring through to the watch) because they didn't support my Pixel for their "HD Voice" services.... that led me to leap to VZW in Feb.

I'm hoping this is an LG supply issue and not a delay because of VZW process.... but either way I'm not impressed with the communication around whatever the issue is. I guess the good news is since I didn't buy any devices I can pickup and head back to AT&T if this seems to be ongoing.

0 Likes
official_wheels

Well, my order is showing an expected ship date of 3/23, which is of course today. All of the previous listed ship dates have been a Thursday, so maybe...

0 Likes
TREALL22

Any luck? Shipping confirmation or did you get a sorry but it's delayed email?

0 Likes
official_wheels

Nope. It just rolled over to showing a ship date of 3/24, presumably that happened around midnight. Haha

Guessing this will continue until it actually does ship. Great fun.

0 Likes
official_wheels

And now the product pages says, "Ships by 4/27."

Just know that i just threw my hands up in the air.

0 Likes