Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LTE Internet and Home Phone router set 911 caller location option
DuneOH

Hi, I have the LTE Internet and Home Phone router that provides my home phone service and internet.  If I were to dial 911, I do not believe my address will display at the emergency call center, but rather my GPS location.  As I am using this device as a home phone, can I enter my address somewhere so when I dial 911, it will show up immediately with my address?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Internet and Home Phone router set 911 caller location option
7e18n1

Nope, it’s all automated. It’s called Enhanced 911 or E911 and your location is derived from both GPS and cell site tower locations. Most operators verify your location when you speak to them, but the system is setup so you don’t have to say a word.

0 Likes
DuneOH

Thank you for your information. I wonder if the "Share ID" feature would allow entry of an address instead of a name and would this show up on the 911 operators screen?

0 Likes
7e18n1

You’re welcome! We, the people, have no control over the 911 location database. The system is designed to reduce errors and letting the public edit database records will not reduce errors.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

DuneOH wrote:

Thank you for your information. I wonder if the "Share ID" feature would allow entry of an address instead of a name and would this show up on the 911 operators screen?

Most likely, the character input limitation would not allow enough room for a full address, and truncated or partial addresses and abbreviations would only cause confusion.  Besides, GPS coordinates may be more accurate than a physical address....

0 Likes