Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi USB620L vs. internal hardware
roadking598

I am wondering if there are functional or performance differences between using an external USB device like the MiFi U620L versus having a computer with built-in hardware and a sim slot for cellular Internet access.

While the MiFi would offer a bit more flexibility (can move among devices), would it provide the same functions as internal hardware and provide the same speed (assuming both were capable of the same speed)?

Thanks for any experience you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi USB620L vs. internal hardware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! The main difference between using a device like the MiFi U620L, and a LTE capable computer would be the amount of access both have to high speed internet. Whereas a computer would act like a tablet with cellular data(having access to whatever plan data you have) mobile hotspots generally have a more limited access to such, as you are sharing between devices. Let me know if you have any additional questions. AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
roadking598

Thank you for your response Austin!

My understanding of the USB620L was that is was *not* a hot-spot where other computers could share the connection, but, rather a dedicated connection for the computer/device it plugged into.

Does that change your response at all?  If it isn't really a hot spot would it have the same access as a device that has the LTE hardware built-in?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back to us roadking598. There would be no performance differences between using a USB device or having a computer with built hardware. Does this help?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes