Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
My Horizon setup for Apple Watch 3
VYKING

Problem: In the 911 section of the cellular setup on the iPhone, My Verizon Mobile could not locate the address that Verizon has been using as my home and billing address for 13+ years.

More: Tried many times to setup cell service for new Watch 3 using my iPhone.  Upon entering my mobile number, setup opened My Verizon and it eventually asked what address to use if the 911 feature on the watch were activated and offers the options to use stored data or use data manually entered.  Both options opened a screen indicating that it could not find my address. That screen showed the correct street number from the previous screen but the town and zip were displayed as the correct town, a comma, and correct zip; i.e., town,zip with NO spaces and NO state.  Tried other addresses but had the same result and without an address acceptable to VZW, I could not complete the cellular setup.  Somehow My Verizon mangled the data and I could not convince three VZW tech support agents that the problem was at VZW.  Is it any wonder that my Verizon password includes the word stupid?  Anybody else encounter this problem? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Horizon setup for Apple Watch 3
VYKING

Answer:  The Verizon database is not up to date and could not locate the address of the house I've lived in for 23 years.  The inability to locate the address prevented Watch 3 cellular activation with Verizon.  Verizon has used the address as my billing address for the last 13 years.  I Googled the address and had many hits.  Finally, I used the address of the house I lived in 23 years ago and is 20-miles away and was able to activate the cellular feature.

BOTTOM LINE:  Verizon needs to either take the 911-address requirement out of its Watch-3 cellular setup or use a better database.  In may case, the 911 feature is absolutely worthless.  

0 Likes