Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Samsung Galaxy s6 charger doesn't work properly anymore
anissa804

I purchased a black Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB brand new when it first came to stores in April 2015. Just this past day, the charger that it came with hasn't been working properly. Normally, my phone takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to fast charge. However, now the charging indicator doesn't say fast charging and says that my phone will take approximately 6 hours to charge no matter what i try. I haven't had any problems with my phone or the charger until now. I've never dropped or damaged the phone and the charger is in great condition.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s6 charger doesn't work properly anymore
MiiHere
Leader

When it says it will take 6 hours to charge does it actually take 6 hours to charge? Even a "normal" speed charge should only take a couple hours.

0 Likes
Rlangel1

My phone is now doing the same thing. Is there a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to take advantage of fast charging, Rlangel1. Do you get any notification about using the original charger? What is the model number that is printed on the charger you are using? Does this occur every time you are charging your device, or intermittently?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bardocri

Mine is also doing this and it is only two weeks old. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry you're having issues with your charger Bardocn. Is there any damage to the phone, charger, or charging port on your phone? How long have you had this issue?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crooks54

My phone just started doing this to and I have only had it about a month it didn't have any problem till the last update.

0 Likes
Yallup

Mine is doing the same. It started doing that a few weeks ago. I called tech support and had to reset my phone. Lost everything. It started doing the same thing today but the screen blacked out with a tiny x in the bottom. Then a hour later froze and a screen came in saying downloading... Do not turn off. Stayed that way for hours! Now theres a red x in the battery window. A screen pops up and says plug in original charger. Aggggghhhh....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You've come to the right place for help Yallup. We definitely want to help get your phone back to normal and working right.

Does this only happen while connected to the charger? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? If you power off the phone does the screen clear up?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes