Number Sharing - Galaxy Watch Samsung
m9neiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well here goes.

I currently have a Galaxy Watch (LTE) that is activated and number shared to my smart phone.  However,  If my host device (Smart Phone) is turned off while my watch is turned on,  Text messages to my "Shared Number" are not delivered to my Watch. 

So, in an nutshell,  I have to have my Smart Phone on to get messages delivered to my watch. 

I have spent cumulative DAYS on the phone with Verizon Help trying to get messages delivered to my watch with my smart phone turned off.   Am I trying to get something setup that is simply not possible? 

Also,  every tech I've spoken to has confirmed that messages should still be delivered to my watch even with my phone turned off or dead battery.   

Any help or experience with this would be much appreciated. 

R/Mike

0 Likes
Re: Number Sharing - Galaxy Watch Samsung
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best experience with your service! We definitely want to take a closer look into this for you, and make sure you have a resolution. Please send a Private Note, and we can go from there. Thank you! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
m9neiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure how to send a Private Note, but if it's nothing more then the normal tech support process,  no thanks, I have already done that 5 times over. 

The question is simple enough...

Should mesages still be delivered to my watch even with my phone turned off or dead battery? Simple question. Yes or No.

Number share currently works fine as long as my phone is turned on and on the network, regardless of where my phone is in relation to the watch. But as soon as the phone is turned off, Number Share ceases to work. Is this normal or not?  Why is this question difficult to answer in this forum?   If the answer is,   " This is normal..."  then that would be implicitly contrary to what Verizon Markets as Number share with a smart watch.  Please just answer the question so others won't endure the confusion I did.   Basically , Number share with an LTE activated watch is just an extended range live tether to the phone.  Not much different then a blue tooth tether .....except there is an activation fee, monthly fee and more dollars for the watch.  Oh and in the event you leave your phone at home but turned on, you have the functionality advertised by Verizon. ..but if that battery goes dead while sitting on your night stand, your smart watch becomes a watch .....

Please respond to the forum 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can assure you that we value your time and want to provide you with an answer. It seems that you have the device connected only through Bluetooth and not through Cellular Data. You will receive calls and text messages even if your cell phone is turned off. I have an Apple Watch and any time my phone turns off the calls are still directed to my watch. Have you tried using your watch with the Bluetooth turned off? 

~Gina

0 Likes
johndjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my new watch 5 and s22+.

I have cellular plan for the watch,  so I didn't need to carry my phone when I'm out,  especially doing yard work.  

Even with my cell phone on,  I do not get any text messages when I'm not within like 10 feet of my watch or on Bluetooth.

When i send messages,it won't show me.  I end up using the watch number when texting from watch,  when no one knows. 

This defeats the entire reason to getting the service plan for the watch.  

If my phone is home and I'm at the store,  someone text my cell.  I should get the message on my watch,  but I don't.   If my phone is dead, I should still be able to text and receive text with my "Shared number" (cell number).

This does not work right,  don't make us pay for the service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! We are sorry to hear that you are having issues sending and receiving text messages from your watch. We would be more than happy to help. Please send us a PM so we can assist.

*Cassandra

0 Likes