Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Number Sync
grungerocker1983

When the heck is Verizon going to add number sync in their update, allowing us to share our cell number with our s2 gear classic watch whether we're connected via Bluetooth or tower signal? AT&T and other carriers are working on this as we speak. I don't want or need two numbers. It's sad that competitors such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, as well as corresponding brands such as has both Samsung and Verizon licked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number Sync
grungerocker1983

Apparently never, otherwise I would have received a response. Other businesses have already released syncing. I thought I bought something  decent but turned out to be a lemon and waste of my hard earned money. I should have stuck with Sprint and the Urbane watch instead. I prefer businesses that keeps up with one another's technological advancements. Verizon will probably tell me I have to wait until the next watch is released, instead of adding it into an update like AT&T accomplished. I'm done with Samsung products and about to break contract  with verizon. I've been lied to by staff and ripped off sixty eight dollars by my local Verizon store as it is.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

No everyone reads all the posts in the VZW community. Anyone who might have a suggestion may not have seen your post. The VZW community also isn't a direct link to Customer Service either so you shouldn't expect an immediate response from one of the VZW reps that roam this community. Depending on when it reaches their queue, it could be a couple of days before there is a response from them.

As I don't have a smart watch, I don't know if what you are asking is possible. I would suggest checking the Samsung Galaxy S7 space to see if anyone has asked in there about a similar situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
grungerocker1983
Samsung has verified that this is indeed a question for verizon. AT&T has released number sync through an update and other competitors are working on this update as well.
0 Likes
ArmedPenguin

I have the Gear S2 classic and the only time it doesn't use my Phone's number is when it's in standalone mode, which is rarely ever is. Even if my phone isn't around, I'm still "connected remotely" and when I make a call or send a text from the watch, it sends it as my primary number..

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

Connected remotely, yes, but your calls have to be forwarded to your watch,  which has a completely different number.

And when you try to call from it,  it doesn't call from your phone like it would if you were connected with Bluetooth.

So if you call someone when your remotely connected, they'll see some funky number they don't know. I wouldn't answer it, would you?

If your phone is at home and dead or just off,

basically,  you have another phone with no texts coming to it and a totally different number.

NumberSync is the way to go.

P. S. Please show me a direct link to costumer service. All I get is some fake chat window that's basically searching verizon's site.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

jeffyboy65 wrote:

P. S. Please show me a direct link to costumer service. All I get is some fake chat window that's basically searching verizon's site.

There isn't an email address for customer service. Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

Yep.

That's page I was talking about.Looks like the best you can do is snail mail.

Unbelievable.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

And the customer service number isn't fast enough?

0 Likes