Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Question about reading messages on Active2 Watch
WolfpackM

When I get a text message, it shows on my Samsung Active2 Watch.  Great.  When I mark as read on the watch, I get a message on the watch screen to check the phone and it opens the phone!  That completely defeats the purpose of marking it as read on the watch.  If the phone is in my pocket, it starts doing all kinds of things I don't want it to do.  If I wanted to look at it on the phone, I would have just done that.  This is a crazy "feature".  Is there any way to get it to not open on the phone when I mark the message as read?

0 Likes
Re: Question about reading messages on Active2 Watch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

WolfpackM, it's important to us that your watch and phone are working as they should be. We can definitely look into their phone notification issue after marking your messages as read. What's the make and model of your phone?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
WolfpackM

Thank you so much!  My phone is Samsung Note 8.  Watch is Samsung Active 2.  When I touch “Mark as Read” on the watch I get a screen that says to check the phone.  I see that the phone has turned on.  The point of marking it as read on the watch is so I don’t have to check the phone.  When the phone turns on and it’s in my pocket, it starts doing lots of stuff on its own. 

I should mention that this is new.  A month ago, this didn’t happen this way.  Marking as read on the watch just marked as read on the watch and phone and everything stayed quiet.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

WolfpackM.  I have a Samsung watch as well, and I would be equally concerned if it was to have to check my phone.  Those are supposed to limit phone use and we will look into this.  Is this a connected watch (LTE and on your Verizon account)?  What changes were made before this started (software update on phone or watch, an updated or new app, etc.)?  What messaging app do you use?  SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
WolfpackM

My Active2 is not connected.  It is just tethered to my Note 8.  I am using the Verizon Message App that came with the phone (red icon with white message bubbles).  I can't remember anything that happened right before.  There were a lot of software updates on my phone and on my watch in the last few months, though.  Thanks for looking into it - I really appreciate it.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you very much for sharing these important details. Could you please check that your smartphone and smartwatch software are up to date? Also, please make sure that all apps are up to date on both devices.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
WolfpackM

I just checked the watch and phone and both are up-to-date. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Which messaging app are you using with the Samsung Note 8? Have you attempted a different messaging service? If yes, what happens?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
WolfpackM

I am using the Verizon Messaging App on my phone.  I like it because it syncs with the same app on my computer and my watch so I can SMS from all three.  Do you have a suggestion for what else I could try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for clarifying WolfpackM. Try using the stock messaging application. Then test. What happens?  KatiM_VZW

0 Likes