Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reactivation Lock on Gear S2 model SM-732
Smoothieusa

Had a Gear S2 model SM-732 connected to my Samsung S6 phone.  Turned on Gear S2 reactivation lock.  Recently traded in that S6 phone for a new S8 phone without first backing-up Gear S2 data and without turning off the Gear S2 SM-732 reactivation lock in the Gear app on the S6 phone.

Bought a new Samsung S8 phone and a new Gear S2 watch model SM-R735V last week from Verizon. 

I want to give Gear S2 SM-732 watch to someone else but afraid to do a factory reset as a warning says "Reactivation lock has been enabled on your Gear. After resetting you can only connect this Gear to a phone that was used to lock the Gear.  Turn off reactivation lock if you want to connect your Gear to a different phone.  All downloaded apps and personal information will be permanently erased."

So apparently the original S6 phone is needed to use the Gear app installed on the S6 to turn off the Gear S2 SM-732 reactivation lock.  Problem is I don't have that S6 phone as it was traded in for the new S8 phone.

1. How can the other person connect my old Gear SM-732 watch to their Samsung phone without making the watch inoperable if the reactivation lock is still on?

2. What are the steps needed to keep the watch faces that I purchased (via the Gear app on my old S6 phone) for the old SM-732 so that I can reinstall the watch faces on my new Gear SM-735 to be used with new S8 phone? 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reactivation Lock on Gear S2 model SM-732
Smoothieusa

No answer yet to my question. Guessing Verizon and Samsung tech experts are stumped and don't have the knowledge or expertise to solve the Gear S2 reactivation lock problem. Any help with my question would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Reactivation Lock on Gear S2 model SM-732
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You have also only have had 18 views in the past three days. There are thousands of registered community members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes