Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Gear S2 update
JRLittleJr
Novice

I upgraded my Gear S2 3G smartwatch to the latest firmware version which was supposed to upgrade my device to be able to use Samsung Pay.  The upgrade did not include Samsung Pay but I saw where I could download this from the Samsung Gear store.  When installing Samsung Pay, I received a message stating that my watch was either registered in an unsupported country or the watch did not support Samsung Pay.  The Verizon site clearly states that this upgrade supports Samsung Pay.  Help, please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gear S2 update
MAHGNAL

Where/how did you download the Pay app for Gear? I don't have that app in my Gear Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to pay for purchases with ease, JRLittleJr. Thanks for reaching out, we can get you pointed in the right direction. Please contact Samsung Pay directly to further trouble shoot this issue. They can be reached at 1-844-726-7297.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarshWithAMouth

Absolutely not.  That is incorrect.  Samsung Pay will tell you to talk to Verizon or will give you a blanket response such as the one ChrisM just gave.  Something went [Removed] in the roll out/testing process for 3G versions, I guess, and now they're scrambling to get it ready before all of us kick down their doors...or at least they better be.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I believe the recent update for Gear S2 for 3G devices stating that it gives it Samsung Pay compatibility is a misprint. According to Samsung, only the bluetooth version of the Gear S2 is compatible with Samsung Pay. This is not on Verizon but on Samsung as they have not yet made the 3G/4G version of the Gear S2 compatible with Samsung Pay yet.

Samsung Gear S2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Samsung Gear S2 classic Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Samsung Pay on Gear S2 Beta

My guess is that once it is out of beta, it will be compatible with 3G/4G devices.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

That's exactly the kind of response that frustrates us to no end! If you're just going to throw it back in Samsung don't bother responding.

Most of us know better.

I've been with Verizon for 16 years and airtouch before Verizon bought them. So I know that getting updates out of verizon is like pulling teeth.

I just have no idea why an update to a Smart Watch would take so long?

I think they know they've got the best coverage and people like that,  so Verizon doesn't really listen to what they ask for.

jeffyboy65
Novice

Not sure if anyone has tried it lately , but a week or so ago, I downloaded the Samsung Pay app to my gear s2 3g. When I opened it via the gear app on my phone, it said that my gear s2 wasn't compatible with it.

I decided  to try again this evening, and it let me enter my card info and it seemed to go all the way to letting me make a payment.

I haven't tried it at a store yet, but it looks like it'll work now.

It still says beta, though. 

0 Likes