Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Samsung Gear S3 and text messages
tooundunn

Hi,

I just bought the Samsung Gear S3 and have numbershare.  Pretty disappointed.  While receiving and making calls work great, text messaging stinks to say the least.  If I am away from my phone, I can get text messages to my watch if someone texts my mobile number, but the issues are this

1. They just come across as notifications - they will not go to the messaging app. therefore you can not see your lists of old messages

2. When you go to reply - you can only reply if you turn blue tooth back on. (If you don't have your phone with you, it won't work.)

Come on Verizon.  Pretty simple, send the messages to the messaging app and allow us to reply to texts like I feel numbershare should work (if you don't have your phone with you it should work like making a call without having to access your phone through blue tooth.)

What's the point?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gear S3 and text messages
AndyYdna

I don't have the time to help troubleshoot but I just wanted to let you know I don't have those same problems. Maybe someone else or Verizon technical support can help you get it working properly.

My text messages work regardless if it's connected by bluetooth or not. I only connect by bluetooth when I'm adding apps through S Gear. Most of the time the watch is connected remotely.

I get the notifications for text messages on the watch, as well as for phone calls, and other notifications. And if I go to the messaging app, all of my text messages are there as should be. I can reply to the text either from the notification or from the messaging app.

I haven't played with it much but it has surprised me how well it works for text messaging. I've replied several times with the voice to text and it translated perfectly each time.

I will admit though, the only problem I have seen is sometimes when I reply to a text message from my watch, it will show my watch's phone number when the recipient receives the message. I'm not sure why it does this. I haven't spent time yet with Verizon support to ask them about it. I would prefer for all text messages from the S3 to be sent from my phone's cell number through NumberShare.

BTW... if you're a golfer, the free Golf app called Golf Navi also works surprisingly well! I just hope they keep partnering with other well-known services, like Pandora for example.

Hopefully you can get it working.

0 Likes
RADAR43302

Make sure you go to settings advanced and you will find a box checked by default to use chat. Uncheck it and see if that helps. I think any other message + users that send to you would have to do the same.  This fixed my issue immediately!

0 Likes
ARM_C61

Where do you find "advanced settings"?

0 Likes