Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Gear S3 receives texts sent to watch #, but not phone #
wsbsmith

We have recently set up a Samsung Gear S3 (LTE-enabled) to work with an LG K20V Smartphone.

When the phone and watch are within Bluetooth range, the watch can make and receive calls using the phone's number. The watch can send texts (which arrive to their destination using the PHONE's number). However, the watch cannot -receive- texts sent to the phone's number.

When the phone and watch are apart, or when the phone is turned off, the watch can make and receive calls using the phone's number. The watch can send texts (which arrive to their destination using the WATCH's number). Texts sent to the watch's number are received on the watch, but (as in the previous example) texts sent to the phone's number are not received on the watch.

We can ensure that the watch always gets texts by texting the watch's number (rather than the phone), but we have to then think about whether the user has his watch with him, phone with him, or both.

Has anyone else had this issue? I spent about 3 hours with Verizon Level 2 tech support last night. They were very courteous, but we did not find a resolution. We messed with all the settings on the Gear app, changed Bluetooth settings, did a factory reset on the watch, etc.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gear S3 receives texts sent to watch #, but not phone #
KYLALEAT

Same issue here...calls ok, but not receiving texts remotely.  I can initiate a text remotely and get a response, but I won't get a text if someone sends me one first.  Annoying.  I have a tech call in now.