Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Watch
danigardiner

6 hours I spent yesterday trying to get my smartwatch online.

First the paperwork arrived with two watches without any indication of which watch belongs to which phone. That required a very long hold time and being forced to chat instead of talking to someone. That person correctly (I think) told me which phone watch belongs to which phone.  But the watch wouldn't setup with the QR code. 

Back to chat support and the next person told me that I was setting up the wrong watch to the wrong phone. Apparently he was wrong but I removed the watch from my phone and tried the other watch. Which didn't work.

Got ahold of a person on the phone that said I needed tier 2 support but apparently tier 2 support closes exactly on time because while on hold waiting for tier 2 support I was hung upon.

Back to chat support the next person corrected person 2 and promised to hang with me until it was finished. For an hour and a half, we tried everything. Then she said we needed to go to the next step. Than disappeared without any further explanation just stopped responding. I waited for a full 45 minutes and no dang response.

I opened up another chat with someone that said I needed tier 2 support but that line was closed so I had to call this morning. So I got on the forums and found someone with the same issue that said the device had to be deleted from the system and added back.

I was informed on my first call this morning that tier 2 support doesn't open until 8 am central. So I called back at 8:10 am central was transferred to tier 2 support got the message that tier 2 support hours was 8 am to 5 pm. No indication of which time zone but apparantly not central.  Then they said they were closed and hung up on me.

I called back an hour later and after going through the gatekeepers I was transferred to tier 2 and after a 40 minute hold time. I told the tier 2 person what I had read about the problem. He deleted the device and added it back and I could connect.  Apparently it wasn't added to the system correctly when it was shipped to me.  Apparently this is a common problem.

Now I have to do all of this with my mom's watch since I bought it as a birthday present but she lives 40 minutes away. I was at the point of returning both of them canceling my Verizon services altogether and moving to another company.

Verizon you REALLY MUST train your representatives a bit better. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Watch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to learn about your prior experience. We understand your time is valuable, and we are glad that they were able to resolve the issue. We appreciate your feedback, let us know if there is anything else we can help with?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes