Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smartwatch Upgrades
Seanyoung86

Does Verizon allow you to upgrade a smartwatch to a newer model if under contract? Do they allow a trade in over an older model?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smartwatch Upgrades
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Sure you can upgrade to a newer model. You would have to pay full retail price for the newer model, though, unless you had already completed the contract associated with your previous purchase. They MAY allow a trade in, but that would likely not be much more than $20-$30 and it would not come off the purchase price. More likely, you would get a gift card in a month or 2. Better to keep it and sell it yourself or use it in case something happens to your new one.

0 Likes
Seanyoung86

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of purchasing a Gear s3 but I feel like I should wait to see if there will be an s4 in the near future. I read that between the release of the Galaxy Note 8 launch tomorrow and the IFA conference in Berlin there may be an introduction to new watch models.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Seanyoung86 wrote:

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of purchasing a Gear s3 but I feel like I should wait to see if there will be an s4 in the near future. I read that between the release of the Galaxy Note 8 launch tomorrow and the IFA conference in Berlin there may be an introduction to new watch models.

That may be the case, but Verizon is notoriously late in getting new technology. The Gear S3 wasn't available for release on Verizon until 6 MONTHS after it was available everywhere else. It could be a LONG wait if you want the Verizon version of the device.

Not only that, but if you have only used an Android Wear watch and not one of the Samsung Gear watches, you will be SORELY disappointed in the available apps for the device. I know I am.

0 Likes