Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trying to use Wear 24 as standalone device
hull22

I recently purchased the Verizon Wear 24 watch to have my son use so we can text him.  I have had difficulty getting it to work properly.  I called Verizion and added it to my plan, not using number sharing.  First, I synced it with his iPhone SE(no active service, using as an iPod touch essentially) and there was no network connectivity.  Texts didn't work.  I figured I would try to sync my android wear on my iPhone instead.  It activated and asked for my phone number.  Texts from the watch looked it it was coming from my phone number instead.  It didn't receive texts at the number that the watch is supposed to be associated with.  I'm confused as to what to do now.  I don't want the watch using my number to make calls/receive texts.  He currently has a beat up Samsung Gear S2 that works fine in standalone mode.  Is this watch not meant to be used the same way?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to use Wear 24 as standalone device
deloused

The Wear 24 would have to be paired to a smartphone with an active Verizon number/service because it uses Verizon HD voice and Messages + features for call & message functionality. That's why it's working with your active phone & number but not his.

Older watches like the S2 can be paired to devices with the Gear App, which will work even on smartphones that don't have active cellular service since it can be used through wifi.

0 Likes