Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Two Hum devices, one phone picks up both hums, one only picks up one hum device
JAMLIN23

Please read carefully

We have two Hum devices on our account. 

One is connected to our 2005 Camry, one is connected to our 1997 Camry.  Both devices were purchased and installed on the same date.

We have two cell phones from which we have uploaded the Hum application, my wifes android and my apple i phone.

On my wife's android phone, she is able to see both Hum devices (1997 and 2005 Camrys) and can swipe and select from one vehicle to the other and can retrieve automobile stats for both vehicles.

On my apple phone, I can see both hum devices, and I can swipe and select either the 1997 or the 2005, however I can only get stats for the 2005 Camry.  The 1997 Camry device is showing up ghosted. 

To be clear, on both mine and my wife's phones, we can see that both cars have Hum devices, and we can swipe from the 1997 to the 2005.

When she swipes to either car, she is able to see all the stats on whichever car she selects.  However when I swipe to the 1997 on my i-phone the only options that are not ghosted are "roadside assistance" and "discounts".  While on my apple phone, and with the 1997 selected, if I click any of the other ghosted applications (driver alerts, vehicle location, maintenance, or driving history) I get the following message "No OBD Reader detected.  Please install your OBD Reader into your vehicle(s) OBD-II port to enable all hum features". 

This makes no sense because both the 97 and 05 Camry stats are able to be seen on my wife's android.

We went to our local Verizon store and they were unable to help.  Their last suggestion was to delete the hum application from my i phone, unplug the hum device from my 97 Camry, wait 10 minutes, plug the hum back into the 97 Camry, then re-load the application.  I tried that and that still did not resolve the problem.

Can you please help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two Hum devices, one phone picks up both hums, one only picks up one hum device
7e18n1

To be approved, an Apple iPhone app is required to follow the rules, which means if HUM requires an OBD-II port to enable all features then an approved Apple iPhone app must adhere to that specification.

0 Likes