Re: Verizon Home LTE External Antenna
Egeorge12000

I’m also having trouble finding the antenna listed above for my lte home internet.

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

TS9 male connection.

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a rural area.

I previously had a different internet service. Never did I get over 20mbps. I switched to Verizon and was promised 50mbps. It was meeting the promised speed for a while. Then it just dropped down to the most 20mbps (again). I live about 5 miles from the nearest tower. I received absolutely no help from Verizon other then then recommending I switch to 5g when I called in the issue. I like my organs more than fast speed..... They do not have the adequate amount of knowledge to help (technical support). I took matters into my own hands. With my pre-existing Yagi antenna (N connection) on my roof, along with my 50 ft cord (N connection) coming into my house, I bought a ts9 connection to "my connector" adapter and plugged that into my device.

I now once again have my 50mbps.

My device only has two bars but the antenna draws in the extra 30mbps.

This Yagi antenna is single directional which means it needs to be pointed directly at the tower. My device is in the best spot in my house.

Total for all the items was $80 that were bought on Amazon. (This did not include my existing bracket on the roof). I live on a hill, and in the crater of the hill (15 ft down), with 70ft. Trees blocking about 90% of my sky. Having it on my 2 story house roof levels my antenna about 5ft off the road. If Verizon didn't govern my speed, I would probably get about 75mbps from speed tests jumping that high and then falling to 50mbps.

It would be nice if Verizon would create a 75mbps plan so people that live in unsatisfactory areas can benefit from good speeds.

Hopefully this helps some people. 

None of the isp providers know their product and it is our job to do the work.

"Teach a man to fish"

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do however get points that my speeds do drop (down to 9mbps sometimes), but I think that is during peak times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our valued customer's service concerns are our concerns too. We thank you for providing such detailed information about your data speeds.  We certainly don't want you to regret your decision to join the Verizon family and we're here to assist you in any way we can. Let's continue working together to address and resolve your data speed concerns for your Verizon Home LTE service.

We've noted your reference to your data speeds dropping down to 9Mbps. How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes with your equipment (e.g., software update, device moved to a different location in your home, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

No.

I've evaluated all of this already. I went from the populous area to the rural 3+ years ago. I've done extensive, "extensive* research on rural home internet. Some of which is over my head, most of which is not or I had figured it out.

Not specifically you, but from my historical experience dealing with your company, I'm betting that you'll just ask me questions; all pertaining to either all the knowledge I've gained already or You will just waste my of my precious time, showing your lack to fulfill your job description. Just because you excelled at customer service does not mean you should be promoted to a job where you lack the knowledge to help on a technical base.

I've fixed this issue "myself", why would I want to fix something that's not broken?

I'm surprised that you didn't ask me to private message you, so everyone else researching their same issues can be left unsolved, relying on calling your service department, sitting on the phone or chat for 1 hour, getting more frustrated than solutions.

You sell a product that you don't even have technical knowledge on, you don't have the right accessorial equipment for compensation with speeds. If someone calls asking where their nearest tower is, your help notes tell you to tell the customer that you cannot provide that information because of either proprietary reasons or that your tower licensing changes to often to provide correct direction for the device.

This home internet is a up and coming thing and you need a specific department concentrated on home internet, not gathering all the sheep into one cellular sheepfold. While they all use the same towers, they need special-specific-separate care.

0 Likes
Starsfan2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

Manasseh,

Are you using LMR400 cable or LMR240? Also, just so everyone is clear since Verizon isn't helping much, are you using the TS9 male connector into the ASK-RTL108 router? I just want to make sure we help others here since Verizon is cherry-picking who they help, how much, etc. and save people a lot of headache when they come to this forum and actually get the help they are seeking.

Also, for anyone reading this, if you get a yagi antenna, try to get one that has LDPA. For some reason, in my research, I see it being most helpful to a lot of people.

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using regular old low loss RG58 cable because it was an initial trial and would return it if it didn't work. It worked just fine so I kept using it. yes, TS9 into the device ASK-RTL108. A lot of ts9 connections on cables do not specify male or female. If it says 4g, chances are it's the right connection.

My antenna is not LDPA but for what I needed and my circumstances, my ‎Wideband 50ohm Directional Antenna works just fine.

Thanks for being part of the community. We may teach Verizon a few things....

0 Likes
jhfry

"I received absolutely no help from Verizon other then then recommending I switch to 5g when I called in the issue. I like my organs more than fast speed....."

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but that statement is very ignorant of how wireless signals work.

5G towers are much closer, so the transmitter in your home unit transmits a lower power signal than 4g LTE.  Also, the higher frequencies it uses are much more easily attenuated, especially by water... of which our bodies are 70%.  The signal is completely gone before it ever reaches any of your organs due to the high frequency and low power.  Ultimately, 5G is far LESS likely to cause health concerns than 4G LTE, TV, AM/FM, and virtually every other long distance transmitter that will happily send it's high power signal right through your body.

I really don't understand how this whole 5G fear started... but I guess its happened with every new wireless technology since the first radio stations.

0 Likes
Manasseh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your input Jeffrey but please, let's not take away from the subject of the thread and make this similar to a Twitter feed. There are many other social media facets for you to disperse your angers on. I would advise you to utilize those instead

I will finally and fully conclude that I would rather be ignorantly cautious that ignorantly endangered. Selah.

0 Likes