Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Wireless Qi charging stand issue
rbarn

I just purchased 2 new Samsung S6 Edge+'s and also a new Verizon Wireless Qi wireless charging stand. One phone will charge on the stand without any problems. The other phone will start charging, then about every 1-2 minutes will stop charging, beep and screen will light up. Then it will immediately start charging again. It just keeps repeating this cycle until the phone is completely charged. It is annoying as heck. Other than one phone is gold and one is black, these phones are identical. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with this one phone and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Qi charging stand issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rbarn,

Well that is definitely odd and I know that would annoy me just the same! We definitely want to make sure your new device and accessory are working as they should. Just a couple quick things we want to be sure of, are you placing both devices on the charger the same way and ensuring the device is in an optimal position for charging? Are there any cases or covers that could be obstructing the connection? Is the NFC setting enabled on the device? Check by going to Settings, NFC & payment. Keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LUIS1809

Ola soy  time una sinete. Mese cre me mitelefo lapata Amer que se puene ase sipuene aregar  porfas.  Espero su message o me ablan 7 [removed]   es galaxi s6

Phone number removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rbarn

Adam,

I have tried the NFC both off and on, same result, which I find odd since I was told at the store that the NFC would need to be turned on for the charging stand to work. I have placed it centered and upright as well as horizontal, same result. One phone charges perfectly and other repeats this annoying cycle. They each have an identical case (SA-684-BLK-V DualPro). I was told at the store this case would not interfere. I'll try pulling the case off when I get home today, but why would it be fine on the other phone? If I find I have to pull the case off this one phone every time I want to charge it, I'll just take the Qi stand back since pulling it off and on is not good for the case or the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We thank you for the legwork in trying to get this resolved, rbarn. You certainly have the correct materials to make this work. I do agree that if this does not start working correctly like its partner on your other Samsung S6 Edge+, then a replacement Qi would be the next best step.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcishaque

I think I have an idea of what the root of the issue is here.

When you plug your charger in, whether it is a micro USB or a QI charger, the OS sends out an informative beep when it recognizes that it has been put on charging mode.

When you charge using your micro USB cable, there must be hooks in the OS that it understands it is being charged via a wired cable.  When the battery is at 100% charged state, it knows to put the charge on standby.  A few minutes later, when the battery is less than 100%, it knows not to send out that annoying beep.  This is why we don't get the same issue when charging with a cable.

I believe that this algorithm is missing when you are charging using QI charger.  So when the battery is 100% charged, it stops charging.  A few minutes later, when the battery is no longer on 100%, when it goes back to charge mode, you get the annoying beep.

Anyhow, that's my theory of what's happening here.  This theory is further substantiated by the observation that most of the time when I start getting this annoying charge beep every few minutes, my battery is at a 100% charged state.  My workaround is to simply remove the phone from the QI charge pad and go back to sleep (as opposed to dealing with the beeps all night).

Yes, this is really annoying.  I believe the algorithm for the fix is already implemented in the wired charging module.  Just need to duplicate it into the Qi charger module and put the appropriate wrapper logic around it.

My 2 cents.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Try placing the one you're having difficulty with on the Qi charger. Unlock the screen and check to see if there is a pop-up notification. Select do not show and get rid of the notification.

0 Likes
klang123

Why didn't someone ask him to remove the case? Polycarbonate has magnetic properties

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

This thread is old. Also, he had the same case on both devices and one worked fine. Since the OP hasn't updated in 10 months, I would imagine that the issue has been resolved.

0 Likes