Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon, are you planning on releasing the Android Wear 2.0 update for the LG Urbane 2 LTE (W200V) Smartwatch?
jgoakley

It appears as though LG has pushed out the update and all of the other carriers have delivered it to the devices on their network. If you are planning on releasing it do you have an estimated time of arrival?

This is the only factor that is keeping me from buying the watch.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon, are you planning on releasing the Android Wear 2.0 update for the LG Urbane 2 LTE (W200V) Smartwatch?
stef7

Is there a moderator that reads these posts in Wearable Tech? Can someone from VZW address the AW2.0 release on VZW for the LG Urbane 2nd Ed?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon, are you planning on releasing the Android Wear 2.0 update for the LG Urbane 2 LTE (W200V) Smartwatch?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Considering the VZW reps can't comment on the status of the phone updates, do you really expect them to comment on the status of the wearable tech updates?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7

It's a shame that they supposedly "can't comment". Is that some official restriction somewhere? This SmartWatch has many great features, one of them being NFC for AndroidPay I think that is in 2.0. I'm doing my part to remain loyal to the network provider: Verizon and the manufacturer: LG.

It would be very customer-centric if we were provided some information on the topic from a reliable source.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

All reps point to the software updates page for the latest information. That sounds like their only official "party" line to me. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7

I thought things might have gotten better since my last purchase.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Wishful thinking that.

0 Likes
stef7

Someday they will realize it's not the network or the hardware on that network. It's about the people they employ and the people they serve. This is not the view of a wishful thinker, but that of an optimist.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

stef7 wrote:

It's a shame that they supposedly "can't comment".

I doubt it is a case that they "can't comment", I think it is more a case of they do not have that information. I don't think the CS reps here are high enough on the food chain in order to have that information. Verizon has their own time table before releasing this information. Those with the information are unlikely to be in the group that posts replies on this forum. Those who have the information are more likely to use a press release which would be available at the following location when Verizon chooses to release that information

Verizon News Center | About Verizon

or on their software update page

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless