Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Was sent wrong promotional item with S7 Preorder
mesofrog

me and the wife pre-ordered the Galaxy S7 through Verizon Wireless because they were offering the Gear S2 as a bonus. We bypassed several other great offers to get the Gear S2, but when Samsung shipped out our item, we got the Gear VR instead. We have submitted a request to the Samsung promotional team, but it's been 4 days and haven't hear back. 

Has anybody else gotten the wrong item, and is there anybody else we could contact? I'm really hoping Verizon can make this right, since we bought it specifaly through them to get this great deal. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Was sent wrong promotional item with S7 Preorder
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Did you buy it online or telesales?

0 Likes
mesofrog

Online through the verizonwireless.com site.  After they opened up redemption we got an email to enter our information into a samsung promotions website.  The verizon wireless store was the only place giving away the S2. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

that and telesales also.  Was making sure as some people earlier thought they would get them if they went into a store instead of online and telesales.

Are you sure you selected the S2 and not the VR?  Best to contact Prizelogic/Samsung It's they are the ones hosting the promotion, and see what they say.  I believe in one of these promotional threads the number has been posted more than a handful of times.

0 Likes
sangweb

Same here, I even got a confirmation that I will be getting a S2 but somehow it transforms to VR, switch and bait here by Samsung or prizelogic.  I don't ever trust Samsung promo again.  This is crazy.

0 Likes
cjpd
Novice

I think nearly 400 posts by now! and thousands of views!  Many, many are upset!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

A lot of same users posting, and those same people getting multiple views.

cjpd
Novice

So far, there are many, many of us who feel very betrayed/ripped off too!  There are several other threads going with this same concern!  Many of us paid up our phone contracts early just to qualify for this promotion and received the email confirmations that we did, in fact qualify and that the watches would be shipped only to have the VR arrive!  So, so disappointed because by the time the VR arrives it is way too late to return your new phone....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

With majority of the same people in those threads eating views and posting. It's very common for that to happen.

In the past week or two I probably posted in here 20 times and had probably at least 30 views. Now imagine some of you guys doing the same if not more.  The numbers are not as large when you factor that in.

0 Likes