Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Wear24 cellular service
DAVREI91

When my Wear24 arrived it had was still on Android Wear 1.5. Shortly after I activated the watch it downloaded the 2.0 update, and it's been pretty nice. But there was one option that seems to have been removed with the update. Originally under the cellular service menu there was toggle for the cellular service that said something along the lines of "automatic", which I interpreted to mean that the cellular service on the watch would only turn on if the watch was no longer in contact with my phone. Otherwise the cellular service would remain off, thereby saving serious battery life. However, now after the update there's only an option to have the cellular service turned on or off. The "automatic" option appears to have been removed. I'm not sure if the system standard now is the same, that it will only activate the cellular service if my phone is out of range. I don't want to have to constantly manually turn it on and off just to save battery life. The same goes for the wifi option. Now every time I check the WiFi status it shows that it's connected to my WiFi network at home or at work, even though the watch is connected to my phone just fine. I'm not sure why the watch needs to keep connected to these networks when they have my watch. I wish there was a way to have them both turned off at all times, unless manually activated or when disconnected from my phone. Any ideas? Any apps do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes