Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When Will There Be An Update For Gear S2?
STURDYB

When will Verizon finally release the most recent update for the Gear S2? They are the only carrier that has not done so. Streaming music in standalone mode is not possible until the update is performed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Update for Gear S2
msucarl483

Hmmm - you got me on that one...The only think I can suggest is to check your software version on your watch.

Go to: Settings, Gear Info, About Device and then software version. You should be running Software version R730VVRU2CPK8 if you have the most recent update. This page details exactly what comes with the update - Samsung Gear S2 classic Software Update | Verizon Wireless

If you aren't currently running that, perhaps try a factory restart and see if you can get the update to push to the watch.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
msucarl483

I spoke with both Verizon and Samsung reps. The best answer that I got was from Samsung. The rep said that they (they being Verizon) are in the testing phase and have not released it yet...obviously as none of us have this update. I tried to get a date but the best the rep could tell me was hopefully within the next month. I hope that is not the case. This update needs to get pushed soon, this watch is lacking so much without that...streaming music for instance. Don't even get me started on as to why Verizon didn't even release an s3 while all the others have.

0 Likes
STURDYB

Thank you very much for the update. Hopefully the update will come soon.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 9:03 AM, msucarl483 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
msucarl483

Good news,

Go to the Samsung Galaxy app...go to about phone, update (manually) it will search for new updates and you will get the latest update. Finally.

0 Likes
Appaloosaryder

I have tried to do this but when I tap manual update nothing happens. I doesn't check for an update or anything. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks for the help and time.

0 Likes
msucarl483

Hmmm - you got me on that one...The only think I can suggest is to check your software version on your watch.

Go to: Settings, Gear Info, About Device and then software version. You should be running Software version R730VVRU2CPK8 if you have the most recent update. This page details exactly what comes with the update - Samsung Gear S2 classic Software Update | Verizon Wireless

If you aren't currently running that, perhaps try a factory restart and see if you can get the update to push to the watch.

0 Likes
Appaloosaryder

No new software. Watch is still running on the BPC7 software. Are you talking about me factory restarting the watch or the phone? I know how to reset the phone but how would I factory reset the watch?

0 Likes
msucarl483

I would first go on your phone, go to the play store. Type in Galaxy Gear, see if it gives you an option to update the app on your phone to the latest version. If yes, then update. Then in that Galaxy Gear app - go to about gear, update gear software, download manually. If there is no option to update Galaxy Gear I honestly don't know how to help you. I would say try to remove the galaxy gear app all together on your phone and then factory reset the watch (on the watch go to - settings, gear info, reset gear.)

Other than that maybe contact Verizon if that doesn't work and see about troubleshooting with them. That honestly should work.

0 Likes
Appaloosaryder

I have uninstalled the latest update on the Samsung gear app, cleared the

cache, reinstalled the update with no change whatsoever. I have a galaxy s7

edge and the app worked fine until the last update. I can't uninstall the

gear app completely and start over, so I don't know what else to do.

0 Likes
Appaloosaryder

I got it to work after I did a soft reset on the watch. Thanks so much for your help and time!

0 Likes