Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?
jdrumm
Novice

AARSOL50​,

Unfortunately, the AT&T version does not support LTE band 13, which is Verizon's primary. And the SIM is an eSIM, which is non-replaceable. Someone at AT&T was either very anxious to make a sale or quite under-informed on this watch's features.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This is the main reason why I think the Urbane2 MAY be a better choice than the S3. With the Urbane2, you get independence from the phone AND you can make calls from the same phone number as that on your phone via Verizon Message+ integration. With the S2, calls come in from the number assigned to the watch.  Why they can't set it up so that it appears the call is coming from the number associated with your phone's line makes this less attractive.

Furthermore, if you have your phone calls routed to your watch when not BT connected to your phone, voicemail is useless as far as I can tell because it won't route back to the phone if you choose not to answer. You have to set up ANOTHER voicemail box on your watch and then you are not able to use VVM, but just standard voicemail.

A workaround I have found is to use Google Voice. I have all calls routed to the watch if not answered and then to Google Voice if not answered on the watch. I prefer Google Voice to Verizon VVM anyway.

I wish I would have gone with the Urbane2, but I got the S2 with an employer discount for $200 instead of the $450 which is what I would have had to pay for the Urbane2. Figured it was worth the chance, unfortunately, I am now regretting that decision.

Jury is still out on the S3, but not sure if Samsung Pay is enough of an incentive with all of the other drawbacks as a result of app integration such a failure.

0 Likes
zenx2

I could NEVER get urbane 2 to connect to network. Customer support could not figure it out . Went through 3 watches no luck sooo you may picked wisely.

0 Likes
TONWAL89

Typical Verizon!! if they dont launch the gear S-3 with At&t and T-Mobil on Friday i bet they loose a crap ton of customers including me!!

0 Likes
predwing1979

No launch of the Gear S3 guess i will wait till Black Friday and order bluetooth only version from Samsung. They will have it for $299. I checked the website today and its not for sales, and I called my corprate stroe today and they do not have it for sale and no nothing about its launch. Sad Verizon, Tmobile is out doing you on tech now sad.

0 Likes
CORLAB67

They just lost me. I switched to TMobile this morning. Sorry Verizon.

Should have listened to your customers.

0 Likes
JVOL74

The sad part is we have waited since Aug 31, so waiting a little longer isn't really a big deal. And I think most people would be ok with it if there was some sort of target date. Starting to wonder if they're waiting until black Friday to bolster their sales figures that day by getting people in the door.

0 Likes
Muggi

Samsung in this Sunday 20 is selling the S3 for $299, so just was talking with Verizon's customer service and they say is not be a problem to activate in the network, in my case I'm already have the S2

0 Likes
dja2k
Novice

The gear s3 for $299 is only Bluetooth and not LTE, so the Verizon person didn't know exactly what they were telling you.  You don't have to connect the Bluetooth version to any service network, it is standalone.

0 Likes
ROGGAR95

How would it hurt them to announce black Friday Launch today?  It would keep a few customers.

I understand that verizon has millions of customers and a few of us leaving can't matter to them...but if a simple action can keep us from leaving...JUST DO IT!